Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2009 And Yahoo And Msn Live Messenger Help.

Options

Okay i have Bitdefender 2009 Internet Security, Yahoo messenger 9.0.0.0.2162, MSN live Messenger version 2009 build 14.0.8064.206

Here are my problems , i cannot send nor receive files on either without getting this error.

Yahoo:

A problem occurred while transferring the file "BitDefender Test.png". The transfer has been stopped.

Msn Live Messenger:

Transfer of "BitDefender Test.jpg" is complete.

But yet it is still sending it to the other person.

And it gets stuck and never finishes and or disconnects

my msn live messenger.

Have tried cutting off anitivirus and firewall still same errors. It seems it is still on even though i cut it off. Went to antivirus, custom level, unchecked

"scan files sent/received over im".

So if anyone has a solution to this problem please let me know as it is getting rather annoying to try and cut stuff on and off to find out what is the issue

with Bitdefender and yahoo and msn live messenger file transfers.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello KILLER_K ,

Please try disabling the BitDefender Encryption module and then test to see if you have the same issue.

Thank you .

• Hi,

That was the first thing i did about 6 months ago, same issues at hand. Any other suggestions at this point?

Also how do i edit, i noticed my title had some mistakes in it also. But i do not see a edit button anywhere.

• Hi,

Where is the tech support at, this is bad service. Oh well it won't be long until my subscription runs out. And since almost a year they can't fix it. Guess i know what is going to happen.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello KILLER_K ,

Please try renaming the imguimsn.dll BitDefender file following the steps that you can find here http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...20&start=20 and tell us if you have the same problems .

Thank you .

• That didn't help. But i didn't uninstall and all my files transferred wonderful then in yahoo and msn messenger live. Installed it and again same error, A problem occurred while transferring the file "test.jpg". The transfer has been stopped.

Yet i see it transfer 100% then that error pops up like i canceled it. This is the most annoying thing i have ever seen.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    That didn't help. But i didn't uninstall and all my files transferred wonderful then in yahoo and msn messenger live. Installed it and again same error, A problem occurred while transferring the file "test.jpg". The transfer has been stopped.

Yet i see it transfer 100% then that error pops up like i canceled it. This is the most annoying thing i have ever seen.

Hello KILLER_K ,

If you agree , we would like to have a look on some reports generated on your system . We have sent you an email with the steps that you need to follow in order to obtain them and we are waiting your response.

Thank you .

• Hi,

Well i just felt i needed to let everyone know here what has happened. As you can see i first posted in here on Jul 7 2009, 11:32 PM

. Alex Stanciu proceeded to help me and then we got down to sending in generated system reports. Bitdefender promptly emailed me on how to do the system report and then submit it on Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009.

Now thins went back and forth for a few days trying things and none of them worked. So on the last email i sent them was on Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009. And i reported the issue was still there and after that i got no replies or anything from them. So here it is still a month later and nothing from them or any fix at this point.

So today i was extremely upset with this and sent a follow up email on how disappointed i was with this service. Like i stated in the email i would have rather them said we can't fix it then just for them to stop responding or just trying different stuff that didn't fix it.

A month of no replies, last email time Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 is just awful and unsatisfactory by any company. Well i got 57 days left on my subscription now. And with that said when the time runs out i will not renew it again. As this issue has been with me since i first got bitdefender and trying random things that didn't fix anything.

I'm sure this will probably be over looked or ignored by some but it is just sad how this happened and went about.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello KILLER_K ,

We are sorry for the late reply to your email and we assure you that we will answer you in a timely fashion from now on. Because yesterday we have launched BitDefender 2010 , we recommend you to install this version following the steps from the next topic:http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15001 . Let us know if the same issue reoccurs .

Thank you .