Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Crash Issues With Vista Home Premium

Options

Hi all,

I am having a huge amount of problems with BDIS 2009 ver 12.0.12. It makes my computer hang a lot when tries to load all its services. The icon for BDIS turns gray and I see a red X on both file zone and net zone. I am always forced to do a system restore and some cases I have to restart the computer several times just to get it to work properly. I recently changed from Norton 360 to BDIS. I did a clean Vista Home Premium install when I installed BDIS to make sure that no remnants of 360 remained. Below is the system configuration of my PC:

PC: HP Pavlion a6422.me ACPI x86-based PC

Ram: 3.00 GB

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.40 Ghz

HD: ST3360320AS

Display Device: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 Ver 7.15.11.6960

Modem: Siemens Speedstream 6520 ver 2.5.0.66

Sound Card: Realtec High Definition Audio Ver 6.0.1.5789

Printer/Scanner: HP Deskjet F2200 (scanner ver 8.0.0.0, printer ver 60.63.211.0)

Webcam: Genius Messenger 310 ver 1.0.0.14

I know this is a lot of information about my PC and I hope it all helps. I am the end of my rope. I fight my computer alive ever since I installed BDIS 2009. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

narsmix

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello narsmix ,

For start please try the next workaround :

1. Click on Start from Windows and choose Run . If you do not have this option you can simultaneously pres the R and the Windows key from your keyboard and the Run text box will appear . Also you can choose Start -> Search ,type in Run and then select this option .

2. Here please type msconfig then click on Ok .

3. Click on the Startup tab and here uncheck the first startup item called BitDefender 2009 .

4. Click on Apply then click on Ok and then restart your computer .

From now on , the BitDefender icon will not be displayed near your computer clock but BitDefender will work properly and it will be active protecting your system . You can check this by accessing the BitDefender shortcut from your desktop or by opening BitDefender from Start-> All Programs -> BitDefender 2009 -> BitDefender Internet Security 2009 .

Please test and see if the same issue is reoccurring and let us know what happened .

• Thanks man, the solution worked :) . There is another problem that i forgot to mention in my previous message. It seems that BitDefender keeps blocking my ISP's proxy for both IE and Firefox. Also is blocks my iPod from syncing with my iTunes. I set up rules to allow my iPod but still it keeps blocking it. I dont know how to setup BitDefender to allow my proxy.

Anyways thanks for the help.

Hello narsmix ,

For start please try the next workaround :

1. Click on Start from Windows and choose Run . If you do not have this option you can simultaneously pres the R and the Windows key from your keyboard and the Run text box will appear . Also you can choose Start -> Search ,type in Run and then select this option .

2. Here please type msconfig then click on Ok .

3. Click on the Startup tab and here uncheck the first startup item called BitDefender 2009 .

4. Click on Apply then click on Ok and then restart your computer .

From now on , the BitDefender icon will not be displayed near your computer clock but BitDefender will work properly and it will be active protecting your system . You can check this by accessing the BitDefender shortcut from your desktop or by opening BitDefender from Start-> All Programs -> BitDefender 2009 -> BitDefender Internet Security 2009 .

Please test and see if the same issue is reoccurring and let us know what happened .

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello narsmix ,

Regarding the syncing issue that you encountered we recommend you performing the following changes:

1. Open BitDefender and SWITCH TO ADVANCED VIEW;

2. Select the Antivirus module on the left and go to the "Shield" tab;

3. Click on the Custom Level button;

4. Make sure the following items are NOT checked:

- Scan http traffic

- Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic

- Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic

5. Click on the "OK" button in apply the changes.

Regarding the other issue that you have , you may try to add the Proxy IP and the port used by it , in the Firefox and Internet Explorer rule created in the BitDefender Firewall. Here is what you have to do :

1. In Advanced View click on Firewall then select the Rules tab .

2. Click on Advanced from the right then look after the firefox.exe rule .

3. Double click on it , then click on the Advanced tab from the upper left side of the "BitDefender Edit Firewall Rule" window .

4. Here , under "Local Address" , uncheck the "Any" option from IP and type in your Proxy IP . You can do the same with the Port(s) option , adding the specific port used by your proxy , or you can leave this option as it is .

5. Click on Ok , and do the same thing for Internet Explorer .

Let us know what happened.

• Hi Alex,

Thanks for the help, the iPod is now syncing properly. There is still a problem with my proxy. I don't really have an IP for my proxy, what I have is an address, like 'proxy1.emirates.net.ae' and port '8080'. BDIS firewall does not accept the address when I put it. What should I do?

Hello narsmix ,

Regarding the syncing issue that you encountered we recommend you performing the following changes:

1. Open BitDefender and SWITCH TO ADVANCED VIEW;

2. Select the Antivirus module on the left and go to the "Shield" tab;

3. Click on the Custom Level button;

4. Make sure the following items are NOT checked:

- Scan http traffic

- Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic

- Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic

5. Click on the "OK" button in apply the changes.

Regarding the other issue that you have , you may try to add the Proxy IP and the port used by it , in the Firefox and Internet Explorer rule created in the BitDefender Firewall. Here is what you have to do :

1. In Advanced View click on Firewall then select the Rules tab .

2. Click on Advanced from the right then look after the firefox.exe rule .

3. Double click on it , then click on the Advanced tab from the upper left side of the "BitDefender Edit Firewall Rule" window .

4. Here , under "Local Address" , uncheck the "Any" option from IP and type in your Proxy IP . You can do the same with the Port(s) option , adding the specific port used by your proxy , or you can leave this option as it is .

5. Click on Ok , and do the same thing for Internet Explorer .

Let us know what happened.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello narsmix ,

Please click on Start from Windows and choose Run . Here type cmd then click on Ok . The Command Prompt window will be displayed . Here type "ping proxy1.emirates.net.ae" (without quotes) and then you will see that the following IP : 195.229.241.17 will be listed .

Try adding this IP in the Firewall rules as I told you in my last post and look if there are any changes .

Thank you .

• Hi Alex,

All problems have been resolved. Thanks a lot for the help.

:D

Hello narsmix ,

Please click on Start from Windows and choose Run . Here type cmd then click on Ok . The Command Prompt window will be displayed . Here type "ping proxy1.emirates.net.ae" (without quotes) and then you will see that the following IP : 195.229.241.17 will be listed .

Try adding this IP in the Firewall rules as I told you in my last post and look if there are any changes .

Thank you .