Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Infected: Trojan.dropper.rie Can't Disinfect

Options

Hello...

New to the forum...so hello!

My recent scan this am revealed two infections: Trojan.Dropper.RIE and Trojan.Patched.T. I have attached the file below for review. Of concern...The first file cannot be disinfected, and I can't locate the file (also can't locate any info on this trojan). The second file is identical to an earlier thread on the same topic. I have noticed this was a false positive, but why is it continuing to show up as a problem?

Summary:

C:\Documents and Settings\Laughing Lemon\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst=>[subject: *****SPAM***** Hot game][From: Clark Champagne]=>game.zip=>Game.exe Infected: Trojan.Dropper.RIE

C:\Documents and Settings\Laughing Lemon\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst=>[subject: *****SPAM***** Hot game][From: Clark Champagne]=>game.zip=>Game.exe Disinfection failed

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Small Business\Business Contact Manager\ImportUtility\BcmImportUtility.exe Infected: Trojan.Patched.T

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Small Business\Business Contact Manager\ImportUtility\BcmImportUtility.exe Disinfection failed

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Small Business\Business Contact Manager\ImportUtility\BcmImportUtility.exe Moved

all help appreciated!

Jack

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello jack

Welcome to this forum.

Please follow these instructions:

Rigthclick on the red BitDefender icon near your systemclock,antivirus,and press on realtime protection. Now delete the infected mails. Subject: *****SPAM***** Hot game It should be located in the spam folder or in your inbox. After you done that do this: go to File -> data File management -> select the current mail archive -> Settings -> Compact Now. When it is done enable real time protection again by doing the same but select realtime protection.

For your second question you have to wait till one of the virus researchers replies here.

Regards

Niels

• Hello jack

Welcome to this forum.

Please follow these instructions:

Rigthclick on the red BitDefender icon near your systemclock,antivirus,and press on realtime protection. Now delete the infected mails. Subject: *****SPAM***** Hot game It should be located in the spam folder or in your inbox. After you done that do this: go to File -> data File management -> select the current mail archive -> Settings -> Compact Now. When it is done enable real time protection again by doing the same but select realtime protection.

For your second question you have to wait till one of the virus researchers replies here.

Regards

Niels

Thank you Niels! First problem solved...now onto the second problem...

Jack