Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Winxp Sp3 Clash With Bd Internet Security

Options

After installing WinXP SP3 yesterday, I'm unable to access the internet even though Im connected.

BD firewall or WinXP SP3 is blocking my access to the net. In order to access the internet now, i had to disable my BD firewall.

Anyone can help?

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    After installing WinXP SP3 yesterday, I'm unable to access the internet even though Im connected.

BD firewall or WinXP SP3 is blocking my access to the net. In order to access the internet now, i had to disable my BD firewall.

Anyone can help?

Hello justhink ,

Please try the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender and go to Advanced View .

2. Select Firewall module then click on the Rules tab .

3. Here , click on Advanced , from the lower right corner of the window , then look in the list of rules created by the BitDefender Firewall after the process called "iexplore.exe"(assuming that you are using Internet Explorer) .

4. If it is set to Deny please double click on it and under Action select Allow then click on Ok .

5. Now , close the BitDefender Firewall Advanced Rules window and click on the Network tab from the left . Click on the current "Network Type", pull down the drop-down menu and select "Trusted Local" and Generic needs to be set to "Yes".

Try to connect to the Internet with the Firewall enabled and look if the same issue occurs .

Thank you .

• Hello justhink ,

Please try the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender and go to Advanced View .

2. Select Firewall module then click on the Rules tab .

3. Here , click on Advanced , from the lower right corner of the window , then look in the list of rules created by the BitDefender Firewall after the process called "iexplore.exe"(assuming that you are using Internet Explorer) .

4. If it is set to Deny please double click on it and under Action select Allow then click on Ok .

5. Now , close the BitDefender Firewall Advanced Rules window and click on the Network tab from the left . Click on the current "Network Type", pull down the drop-down menu and select "Trusted Local" and Generic needs to be set to "Yes".

Try to connect to the Internet with the Firewall enabled and look if the same issue occurs .

Thank you .

Nope... doesn't work... I already had those settings in placed.

• Problem was fixed after a latest update was installed