Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Alert Center Format Change?

Options

I got this the other day. An alert from Windows Security Center. Here is the message:

"Virus Protection Not Compatible

Bitdefender Antivirus is on but is reporting its status to Windows Security Center in a format that is no longer supported. Use the program's automatic updating feature, or contact the program manufacturer for an updated version."

I have updated. No change. What happened and what can I do to resolve this?

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    I got this the other day. An alert from Windows Security Center. Here is the message:

Bitdefender Antivirus is on but is reporting its status to Windows Security Center in a format that is no longer supported. Use the program's automatic updating feature, or contact the program manufacturer for an updated version."

Hello Maya ,

This is a known sittuation and we are currently working on a fix . Most certainly an update that will solve this issue will be released next week . Even thought you receive this message , we want to inform you that your computer is protected , because BitDefender is not affected and is actually working ok.

Thank you .

• I got this the other day. An alert from Windows Security Center. Here is the message:

I have the same issue. I am running Vista Home Premium x64. It appears that a recent update has broken something. I last used my laptop 13 days ago. It was fine at that time. I auto-updated this afternoon, now I have the Windows Defender alert.

• If this is a known situation, what exactly is the situation? Under what circumstances should we expect to see this? I ask because I have two similar computers at home, set up the same way with the same version of Vista x32. One computer is running normally, while the other is giving the "format no longer supported" message. Both computers are running the most up-to-date version of BD 2009.

• I'm getting the same message and I am running 64bit vista ultimate

• Hello Maya ,

This is a known sittuation and we are currently working on a fix . Most certainly an update that will solve this issue will be released next week . Even thought you receive this message , we want to inform you that your computer is protected , because BitDefender is not affected and is actually working ok.

Thank you .

It has been more than two weeks, and I am still seeing this issue on one of my computers. (The other computer has never had an issue.) Why would one computer have an issue, while another did not? What is the status of the fix for this issue?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello LinuxSouthpaw ,

This message appears due to some modifications made to the Windows Security Center included in the SP1 package for Windows Vista. As a result the mechanism through which security applications communicate with the Security Center has changed. The 2009 version of BitDefender was not yet updated to use the same communication mechanism with the Security Center. However, to verify that BitDefender is working properly you just need to bring up the BitDefender interface, switch to Advanced View and go to the Antivirus->Shield tab to make sure that the Realtime Protection is enabled.

Our team is currently working on a fix for this issue and it will be released through automatic updates shortly.

Thank you .

• nitrous93
    edited August 2009
    Options

Hello,

Ok It is now August 16th, 2009. Are we going to see a fix for this error? As you stated several weeks ago, you all were working on this issue! Can you please give us an exact time of fix? Yes I know my system is protected, but it gets annoying looking at the Red Shield With the Big X in the middle. Its like having a brand new car with the check engine light on....All the time, but it is still running fine. Let us know ASAP!!!!!!!!

nitrous

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello nitrous ,

This issue will be solved on August 19th , once we will release a major update for our 2009 products . After this date , this message should not be displayed anymore on the computers which have Vista installed .

Thank you .

• Alex,

Thanks Again! I am glad you responded so quickly with an ETA on the Fix!! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Again!

Nitrous :D