Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Access Adsl Modem

Options

hi,

After successfuly install bitdefender internet security 2009 trial i cann't access my Shiro ADSL 2+ broadband router. when i type 192.168.1.1 in internet explorer 8 then i enter username and password an error occur "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" while my internet is working fine.

thanks

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Did you add the network to trusted ?

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options

You problem is somehow strange,if you can connect to any website via IE you should be able to connect to the router interface as well.

Unless you re changed the port to wich you acces the router from (the default port 80) to something else.In this case you may need to check the firewall rules for the browser and alow outbound to that port.Also when logging into a router with a different port than 80 you would need to place after the gateway ip this :XX where XX is the port number.

Try to connect by disableing temporarely the Antiphising module of BD ,http filtering (via Real time protection settings) and BD firewall, see what happens and which module blocks your acces.Before putting down the BD firewall remove the network cable that comes from the provider for maximum safety.

Also try to connect from Firefox or Opera browsers.

Are you 100% sure the router was accesible from IE before installing BD?

Are you using the default/factory user and password for the log in?If yes it may be the case that something took over you router.

• hview
    Options
    Did you add the network to trusted ?

yes i try

• hview
    Options
    You problem is somehow strange,if you can connect to any website via IE you should be able to connect to the router interface as well.

Unless you re changed the port to wich you acces the router from (the default port 80) to something else.In this case you may need to check the firewall rules for the browser and alow outbound to that port.Also when logging into a router with a different port than 80 you would need to place after the gateway ip this :XX where XX is the port number.

Try to connect by disableing temporarely the Antiphising module of BD ,http filtering (via Real time protection settings) and BD firewall, see what happens and which module blocks your acces.Before putting down the BD firewall remove the network cable that comes from the provider for maximum safety.

Also try to connect from Firefox or Opera browsers.

Are you 100% sure the router was accesible from IE before installing BD?

Are you using the default/factory user and password for the log in?If yes it may be the case that something took over you router.

how to rechange port to access router

i disabling antiphising, http filtering and firewall but nothings solve my problem

when i access through firefox it give me blank page in opera error occur "Error!

Connection closed by remote server

You tried to access the address http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/webcm, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Make sure your Internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working."

before installing BDIS router is working fine

i changed username and password

still problem to open router page

thanks

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options
    i changed username and password

still problem to open router page

How did you managed to change it if you cant acces the router page ? :blink:

• hview
    edited July 2009
    Options
    How did you managed to change it if you cant acces the router page ? :blink:

from ubuntu i can easly access and manage the router

but problem to access from windows xp sp3 which i have install bdis2009

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options

hview ,do you have a working network connection while using the operating system where you ve installed BitDefender ?

Is Windows reporting that connectivity is ok?

Are you able to surf the web from that operating system ?

To be able to use this forum you re running Ubuntu or ... ?

Is Windows Firewall turned off ?

Please read here how to turn off/on your Windows firewall

Running concurently Windows Firewall and BD suite firewall may lead to connectivity problems.

• hview
    Options
    hview ,do you have a working network connection while using the operating system where you ve installed BitDefender ?

yes i have network connection and work fine as well

Is Windows reporting that connectivity is ok?

its works fine

Are you able to surf the web from that operating system ?

To be able to use this forum you re running Ubuntu or ... ?

my internet is working fine to both operating system in windows xp sp3 i have install bdis2009 and in ubuntu i have install bitdefender anti virus (Free)

dual boot windows and ubuntu on my pc

Is Windows Firewall turned off ?

Please read here how to turn off/on your Windows firewall

Running concurently Windows Firewall and BD suite firewall may lead to connectivity problems.

yes windows firewall and dnscache both is disable

thanks

yes

• hview
    Options

finaly i install fresh windows xp sp3 and then fresh installation of bdis2009 but i cann't access router. then i disable real-time protection and then i can access my router.

Same problem in bitdefender antivirus 2009 when disable real-time protection then i can access router.

why is happens ?

thanks you support..

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello hview ,

Please try the following instructions :

1. Open BitDefender and SWITCH TO ADVANCED VIEW;

2. Select the Antivirus module on the left and go to the "Shield" tab;

3. Click on the Custom Level button;

4. Make sure the following itmes are NOT checked:

- Scan http traffic

- Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic

- Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic

5. Click on the "OK" button in apply the changes.

Let us know if the same issue occurred .

Thank you .