Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Shuts Down Internet - New Install

Options

I just switched to Bitdefender from Trend micro, When installing the firewall has blocked total access to my internet. I need to shut it down to do anything? I did activate windows firewall but that is not the goal. I have an apple time machine for a router and am running XP media center. I have tried various configurations but to no avail. It has also locked out my Magic Jack, phone service. Any ideas?

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Kiryoku ,

Please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender, go to Advanced View -> Firewall and select the Network tab in the upper menu and click on the current "Network Type", pull down the drop-down menu and select "Trusted Local" and Generic needs to be set to "Yes".

2. Click on the Rules tab then click on the Advanced button from the lower left side of the BitDefender window and look for the entry for your Internet browser, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox .

3. Double click on it and check in order to see if it is set to Deny. If that is the case please double click on the entry and set it to Allow.

Now test in order to see if you can connect to the Internet.

Thank you .