Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Please Give Advice To Remove Malware

Options

Hello, New Member I have been trying to remove this virus/malware for several days, but have been unsucessful. The last report listed- Infected: Generic.Peed.Eml.384A84A7 I have tried using SAS, ATF Cleaner and several other malware removers, but no luck. Does anyone have any new ideas? Thanks, Teachtom

Comments

• Please post the exact location of the infected file.

Andrei

• Niels
    Options

Hello teachtom

Please open BitDefender go to general,events,and double click on infected file(s) found and copy the location and add that location in your follow reply.

I answered your question in the other topic.

Regards

Niels

• Hi Andrei, This is the file that is from the av report

C:\Documents and Settings\Tom\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{DFF16927-88E6-4EAA-A097-460B7E65289B}\Microsoft\OutlookExpress\Inbox.dbx=>(message 56) Infected: Generic.Peed.Eml.384A84A7 Is this what I need to send? Thanks, Teachtom

• Niels
    Options

Hello teachtom

Open outlook express and delete the infected mail. Then empty your deleted items folder. After that go to file, data file management ,select the current mail archive,Setting ,Compact Now. You can't quarantine the entire file as claudiu suggested. For the reason see my answer in the other topic.

Regards

Niels

• Hi Niels, Thanks for responding so quickly. I did all the things in the above post. Should I run AV again or what? Thanks, teachtom

• Thank you for all your help. I just ran BD av and can back clean. Congrats to all teachtom

• Glad that we could help you. :)

Andrei

• Niels
    Options

Also glad that we could help you.

Regards

Niels