Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Win32.virtob.gen.12

Options

I now have several instances of this file showing up in different areas of my computer. Originally it was just attached to winmail.exe - now it seems to be spreading. Also, I can no longer use

I am running Vista Home Premium.

My apologies if this is a duplicate post. I've been trying to upload this to the forum without success. (I'm now trying a differenct, clean, computer.)

I've tried a search for this in the forum but haven't located anything.

I appreciate your help.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello hew2nd ,

Please run another Deep System Scan following the steps bellow , save the scan report then upload it here . Here is what you have to do :

1. Before running the scan please make sure that you have the latest virus definitions downloaded via the Update module: open BitDefender, click the "Switch to Basic View" button (if it is not already in Basic View) and choose the "Update Now" task on the right;

2. After the update process completes successfully you can proceed to running the scan task: select the "Deep Scan" task;

3. When the scan ends, click the "Show Log File" button at the bottom right of the scan window; A browser window will open displaying the scan report; Save this file on a location of your choice and then send it to us attached to your email.

Also , please run the Avis and the Gmer tools as described in the following article : http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB490 , upload the resulting reports here and then post the downland links .

Thank you .

• Thank you for this reply.

Late yesterday I deleted the winmail.exe file and then did a restore to a previous date. Last night I ran a ful scan and a deep system scan and both came up with no threats found. That appears to have cured it.

Unless you think I should do the below items anyway you can close this with my thanks.

Hello hew2nd ,

Please run another Deep System Scan following the steps bellow , save the scan report then upload it here . Here is what you have to do :

1. Before running the scan please make sure that you have the latest virus definitions downloaded via the Update module: open BitDefender, click the "Switch to Basic View" button (if it is not already in Basic View) and choose the "Update Now" task on the right;

2. After the update process completes successfully you can proceed to running the scan task: select the "Deep Scan" task;

3. When the scan ends, click the "Show Log File" button at the bottom right of the scan window; A browser window will open displaying the scan report; Save this file on a location of your choice and then send it to us attached to your email.

Also , please run the Avis and the Gmer tools as described in the following article : http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB490 , upload the resulting reports here and then post the downland links .

Thank you .