Upgrade Tobitdefender Internet Security Fail On My Vista 32 Bit System

I downloaded BitDefender Internet Security 2010 frrom your website, uninstall BitDefender 2009, reboot, then install BitDefender Internet Security 2010. The install process is OK on my Vista 32 bit Ultimate system.

But when I reboot after successful install, my Vista system fail to start due to UserInit error, and then follow by LogonUI error. The system hang and cannot boot properly.

I go into safe mode, delete all contents in Bitdefender folder and restart. The system restart OK. Then I remove BitDefender 201, then install again. The install went fine.

But when I reboot, the same problem occured. I have to remove 2010 and now reverting to 2009.

Help please

Comments

• Now reverting to BitDefender Internet Security 2009. Wait for clarification and removal of bugs from 2010 version. Any friend here can advise me why this problem occurred?

• My system is a MacBook Pro (early 2008) Intel, running Bootcamp. Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit insatlled on Windows partition.

After removing BitDefender Internet Security 2009 using Uninstall tool downloaded from BitDefender, I reboot, then install BitDefender Internet Security 2010. The installation process completed without any error.

After reboot, I entered my password to log in to Vista. At that point, my screen tumed to be black, mouse still functioning, and the system hang for a very long time.

So I press Ctrl-Alt-Delete. At this point, an error dialog stated that userinit is not responding, and ask me to press OK to terminate the userinit item. I did press OK.

At this point, my screen was still black and hang for along time. I press Ctrl-Alt-Delete again. An error dialog stated that LogOnUI is not responding at some memory address, and ask me to press OK to terminate the process. I did so.

My system hang and cannot boot at all!

I then start my system using safe mode, manually remove all files in BitDefender folder, yjen reboot again.

My system reboot OK at this point. So I proceed to run the installer file of bitDefender and remove BitDefender 2010. During the uninstall process, some error occured, but the uninstall went OK.

I repeat install BitDefender 2010 and reboot and found the same problem (can't boot properly)

At last I revert to BiTDefender 2009 run deep system scan, and the 2009 version work fine as before.

Can you suggest what went wrong in my case, and when can I upgrade to 2010. I still have 18 months of active subscription with BitDefender. So I need to upgrade.

Please advise what can I do?

• So I think Bitdefender Internet Security is very buggy and not ready for prime time. Any tech people of BitDefender can answer and advise me what to do next to upgrade? Thank in advance. I still have more than 18 months of subscription active

• I called BitDefender support in Thailand an hour ago. The tech support want me to capture computer screen and send to him. I can't do that because my computer won't boot.

So there is no hope for BitDefender tech support in Thailand. He said he never heard about this incident before so he cann't help!!!!

Can BitDefender tech support in this forum help me out of this disaster situation?

• Can't upload .rar file generated by sysdump.exe. Please tell me how to send file to you. Hope these files will help you solve my problem

• Hello Purd ,

Please reply to the email that we have sent you with the requested files attached .

Thank you .

• Already email all the files to you. HHope you can come up with solution that allow me to upgrade successfully to 2010

• So when can I upgrade to 2010. Is that a new bug free version released so that I can upgrade?

• Any news for a new workable version of BitDefender Internet Security that will work? Any clue of a new release?

• A couple of months have passed since the release of BDIS 2010. I'm so scared that I am still on BDIS 2009. Can BitDefender guarantee that I will not have the same nightmare described in this tread and spoil the whole day for correction?

I still see the same problem from other users here as well

• No advice from anyone on my issue at all. Bitdefender finally let me down and I'm still on BDIS 2009.

Any friend can advise me whether I can upgrade to BDIS 2010 now without log in problem as I posted earlier? Is there a new version of BDIS 20101 that is bug free now>

• Hello Purd,

Since your first post, 2 major updates were released for BitDefender 2010 and also the installation kit was updated with the first one of them. All I can recommend you at the moment, is to try installing BitDefender 2010 again. I assure you that you will have all of our attention in case you encounter any types of issues. Here are the installation steps :

1. Save and run first the uninstall tool from the next link and then reboot the PC:

http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

2. Save your product from the next link:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2010_32b.exe

- copy and paste the link into your browser and press [Enter]. \

- a new window will appear with two options: [save] and [run] - press [save]

- after saving the file, please run it in order to install it.

3. Register it with your license key.

Thank you.