Streaming Video Problem

Hello, cannot get windows media player 11 to work with streaming video while firewall is enabled, however real player does work, when I disable firewall, windows media player works no problem, how do I correct problem? Thanks

Comments

• Hello chumley50 ,

Open BitDefender, go to the Advanced View button in the upper menu and click on Firewall . Click on the current "Network Type", pull down the drop-down menu and select "Trusted Local", Stealth to "No" and Generic to "Yes" . Also, go to the Rules menu and look for an entry for your Windows Media Player 11 , click on the "+" for that entry and check in order to see if it is set to Deny. If that is the case please double click on the entry and set it to Allow. Now test in order to see if you have the same issues .

Thank you .

• Hello chumley50 ,

Open BitDefender, go to the Advanced View button in the upper menu and click on Firewall . Click on the current "Network Type", pull down the drop-down menu and select "Trusted Local", Stealth to "No" and Generic to "Yes" . Also, go to the Rules menu and look for an entry for your Windows Media Player 11 , click on the "+" for that entry and check in order to see if it is set to Deny. If that is the case please double click on the entry and set it to Allow. Now test in order to see if you have the same issues .

Thank you .

Hello,

Thanks so much, that did the trick, working fine

Take Care

• Well since you tried different players, the problem, clearly, is not from your software. it is probably from your computer speed and/or your internet connection. 512 k is not so good for streaming. i had a 1.5m conncetion speed and i can't stream that well. now i have 5m and it works seamlessly. try getting a more speed internet connection. (to try that go to a place with a high cable internet and try the stream if it works, then you know)

• Well since you tried different players, the problem, clearly, is not from your software. it is probably from your computer speed and/or your internet connection. 512 k is not so good for streaming. i had a 1.5m conncetion speed and i can't stream that well. now i have 5m and it works seamlessly. try getting a more speed internet connection. (to try that go to a place with a high cable internet and try the stream if it works, then you know)

Please remove the Media Player external link in your signature as it is against forum posting policy. It appears that you are promoting another company's product. Warn 10%.

If your intent was to provide a link to the particular player giving you a problem, that's fine, but place it in the body of the post, not in your signature and make reference that it is a link to the player causing your problem.

Thanks & Regards,