Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2010 : Major Access Violations Issues

Options

After updating to the final release of BitDefender 2010, BitDefender has been causing numerous access violations. I see it occurring when a 64-bit application is checking up on other 64-bit applications. Task manager and WinRar crash all the time. I'm running Windows XP x64 SP2.

The error:

0xc0000005

I've attached a task manager log.

This issue is unbearable. This happened ever since Beta 3. I filed a bug report, and no one ever considered it or even fixed it. Great job BitDefender!

I have verified that the 0xc0000005 dump errors were in fact caused by BitDefender 2010, as I uninstalled BD 2010, and the problem disappeared. Every program I used was crashing when I had BitDefender 2010 installed due to access violations. This has happened twice, and I have reformatted my computer twice thinking I had already received a virus. Before updating BD 2009 to 2010, I noticed I had no issues. When I uninstalled BitDefender 2009 and upgraded to BitDefender 2010, I kept on receiving access violation issues with task manager, windows explorer, and other essential programs and services.

I wasn't even able to make a MSINFO32 list with BD 2010, as it crashed as well. I've attached a MSINFO32 to this reply, as I was finally able to create one after uninstalling BitDefender 2010. This computer never had any problems before BitDefender 2010 Total Security.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5411" data-fileid="5411" rel="">2671_appcompat.txt

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5412" data-fileid="5412" rel="">system.txt

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Eric ,

Thank you for taking the time to describe this issue and send us these reports . We have reported this sittuation to my colleagues from the Testing Team and we will contact you back as soon as we have any updates on it . If there are any other files that we need from your computer we will let you know .

Thank you .

• Hello Eric ,

Thank you for taking the time to describe this issue and send us these reports . We have reported this sittuation to my colleagues from the Testing Team and we will contact you back as soon as we have any updates on it . If there are any other files that we need from your computer we will let you know .

Thank you .

Please do get back to me. I cannot use BitDefender 2010 at the moment. Is BitDefender 2009 still usable for a while? If you need anything else, please just ask.

• Any updates?

• Any updates?

You guys going to fix this soon? I apparently can't move away from BD as it is one of the last few companies to support XP x64....

Can't use my computer.... need better security; please fix the access violations in task manager, note pad, and everything else!

• Looks like build:

Fixed the access violations issues. When I close task manager in Windows XP x64, I don't get any access violations or 0xc0000005 errors.

Awesome for me!

Did the update fix these problems for anyone else?

• Looks like build:

Fixed the access violations issues. When I close task manager in Windows XP x64, I don't get any access violations or 0xc0000005 errors.

Awesome for me!

Did the update fix these problems for anyone else?

I spoke too soon! Looks like that by changing a few settings from a clean install of BitDefender 2010 messes up the settings and causes access violations with Task manager, notepad, and several other applications.

With a clean install with default settings I had no issues, but here's what I changed:

Turned on intrusion detection system, disabled file encryption and file vault, set the firewall to report, denied explorer.exe from accessing the internet, turned off automatic game mode, and turned off vulnerability protection.

After doing the above steps, I received the same access violations again. Hopefully this will help BitDefender identify the problem.

• dhl
    Options

Hi Eric,

We have some problems with IDS on XP 64. We are working on them, should be fixed ASAP. In the meanwhile, please temporary disable the Intrusion Detection by opening BitDefender->Firewall->Advanced Settings and unchecking the "Enable Intrusion Detection"

• Please perform a manual update. The stated issue should be fixed.

• Please perform a manual update. The stated issue should be fixed.

Seems to be working now. Thanks!