Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Backdoor.irc.zapchas And Trojan.zapchas.f

Options

Hello. A scan is pulling up the following that can't be deleted or removed. Help please.

Backdoor.irc.zapchas Disinfection failed. Move failed

trojan.zapchas.f Disinfection failed. Move failed

How do I get rid of these?

Brian

Comments

• Try turning off real time protection and run another scan.

• I turned off Real time. Ran the scan again, still getting the same thing.

• Here is the exact path and response from bitdefender. Maybe this will help.

C:\Documents and Settings\Family Computer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RA1W5RJF\postalcard[2].scr=>(RAR Sfx o)=>******.ini Infected: Backdoor.IRC.Zapchast.PO

C:\Documents and Settings\Family Computer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RA1W5RJF\postalcard[2].scr=>(RAR Sfx o)=>******.ini Disinfection failed

C:\Documents and Settings\Family Computer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RA1W5RJF\postalcard[2].scr=>(RAR Sfx o)=>******.ini Move failed

C:\Documents and Settings\Family Computer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RA1W5RJF\postalcard[2].scr=>(RAR Sfx o)=>sup.bat Infected: Trojan.Zapchas.F

C:\Documents and Settings\Family Computer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RA1W5RJF\postalcard[2].scr=>(RAR Sfx o)=>sup.bat Disinfection failed

C:\Documents and Settings\Family Computer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RA1W5RJF\postalcard[2].scr=>(RAR Sfx o)=>sup.bat Move failed

• kninejim
    edited August 2007
    Options

At the top of the Malware topic page there is a topic by AndreiASM about how to run a scan in safe mode. Read it, then try to run a scan in safe mode. Usually that works.

Jim

• I guess I could have made things easier and put in a link to Andrei's topic. Sorry, I wasn't thinking. Click /index.php?/topic/1378-how-to-scan-your-pc-with-bitdefender-in-safe-mode/" rel="">here and that should take you to it.

• Niels
    Options

Hello BrianMarotta

Clear also your temporary internetfiles in safe. You can get in safe mode by pressing several times on the F8 button before the windows loadingscreen. Open IE go to tools,internet-options,remove files and check also remove all offline files.

Regards

Niels

• thanks for all your help. The scan in safe mode had the same result. however, I was able to solve this issue by deleting temporary internet files in safe mode. I really appreciate all of your suggestions.

Brian

• Niels
    Options

Glad that we could assist you.

Regards

Niels