Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2010 And Default Browser

Options

Hello All.

What determines the browser that Bit Defender uses to communicate information that it displays in a browser windows?

I use Firefox V. 3.5.2 and would prefer that Bit Defender use it instead of Internet explorer ( <_< which by the way always generates a need to close error when closed).

Thanks in advance.

BrianNetAdmin

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello BrianNetAdmin ,

BitDefender will check what Internet browser is set by default in the Windows settings . Please try the following workaround and let us know if it worked for you (these steps will apply for Windows XP) :

1. Click on Start from Windows and choose Control Panel.

2. Select Add or Remove Programs then click on the option "Set Program Access and Defaults " .

3. Here, click to expand the Custom option then you will have displayed a list of configurations that you can set .

4. Under "Choose a default Web browser", select Internet Explorer then click on Ok .

5. Now, if you have Mozilla Firefox opened, closed it then open it again.You will be asked if you want to set is as a Default browser and you will have to choose Yes.

6. Let’s test the changes . Open BitDefender, and click on the Renew link. A Firefox page should be displayed with the BitDefender information’s related to the Renewal procedure.

Thank you .

• ---6. Let’s test the changes . Open BitDefender, and click on the Renew link. A Firefox page should be ---displayed with the BitDefender information’s related to the Renewal procedure.

I have no idea what you mean by "click on the Renew link" or where to find it!

• Alex,

After I left the last reply, I looked again and did see a buy button and hit it, but nothing happened. I then realized that Firefox was already open, but BDTS 2010 wasn't able or just wasn't openning a new tab or window. After I closed Firefox completely and hit the BUY button it did work.

Thanks for your assistance. Now I don't have to fight with IE crashing any more. At some point I will look into this problem, but for now, it can wait.

BrianNetAdmin