Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Password Not Known

Options

I have just installed Bitdefender Total Security 2010

I had version 2008 and 2009. I totally removed them from my system before installing 2010.

If I try to change any setting it keeps asking me for a password. I typed in the password that I used on the old versions and it won't accept it.

It never gave me the option to set a password, just opened the Password box.

How do I reset the password for my parental Control and other items in BD TS 2010

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Neweb ,

We have send you the procedure that will help you remove the BitDefender password through the email . Please reply if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

• Neweb
    Options
    Hello Neweb ,

We have send you the procedure that will help you remove the BitDefender password through the email . Please reply if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

I have not received any emails with relation to this issue. can you PM it to me please.

• Neweb
    Options
    I have not received any emails with relation to this issue. can you PM it to me please.

First off, I have made the changes you requested and it no longer asks for the password so thank you for that.

Secondly, The reason I did not get the email was because BitDefender has hidden it from me. I have found help for this issue on another post in this forum. The requirement was to disable incoming and outgoing mail under the Antivirus>Custom Level tab.

Now Bitdefender is not doing what it is suppose to do and that is to check my emails for possible Viruses.

There should be a sticky somewhere about this AND it should be a priority to get this issue fixed as soon as possible.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Neweb ,

In order to determine what is causing the issues encountered with our product as you described them in this forum, please follow the steps from the email that we have sent you and send us back the reports that we need .We are waiting your reply .

Thank you .

• Hello Neweb ,

Thank you .

could you send me the procedure too ive forgot my password for the parental controls and settings

• Hi simpson08,

I sent you via e-mail the patch you need, please use it.

Thank you!