Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can´t Disable Real Time Protection

Options

Hello!

Yesterday I installed bitdefender antivirus 2010 on my laptop vista home 32, and imagine :mellow: that the program sketchup 7 pro, lay out, and style builder were frozen several times when initialized - i now the problem it´s something about access to the internet in this programs; those programs starts in a loop; after several hours I understand if i unchecked the real protection /active virus in bit defender, that programs do not freeze more! I went back to my old antivirus. :D

Thanks

Comments

• dhl
    Options

Hi mustwakeup,

What exact version of Google SketchUp Pro (SketchUp Pro, LayOut and StyleBuilder) are you running ?

With SketchUp Pro 7.0.10247, Layout 2.0.10247 and StyleBuilder 1.0.10247 - the latest ones - I don't have any problems running with Active Virus Control on.

Also, from your post I don't exactly understand wether those programs do not load at all, or it just takes a lot of time for them to load.

Regards,

DHL

• Hello again!

I have the last one version, 10247. With sketchup pro i wait 5 minutes, and the program neither had begun, it freezes before you see the instructor, in pencil; with layout2 is also frozen, after five minutes had not yet begun; with the Stylebuilder it starts after a long time.

Thanks

• I have also experienced somewhat long delays with Firefox, usually at a point when it is trying to access the internet. My delays are more like 60 - 90 seconds. During the delays, Firefox is completely frozen with no response to mouse nor keyboard. Also at times explorer seems to freeze as well, were the task bar won't respond to the mouse, but I can select icons on the desktop but can't launch anything.

These delays are random and are unacceptable. Each time this happens I believe the system has locked up, and tend to click around trying to get a response, and then all of a sudden, all the clicking seem to happen all at once, that is, all the clicks I performed, seem to catch up all of a sudden.

In addition when I boot my system up it takes 10- 15 minutes after entering my password for the windows startup sound to play and the desktop to appear.

I have tried to give BDTS 2010 a fair shake, but I am finding the little problems very annoying. The last thing I need is to fight with my security software, which should not be seen until it detects a real security problem. If I continue to experience these issue I will have no choice but to remove BDTS 2010 until the product becomes more matur.e. :(

That would be a real shame because I like BDTS 2010.

BrianNetAdmin

• dhl
    Options

@mustwakeup :

On my test system I could reproduce this behaviour only if I manually blocked from the firewall any access to the Internet for the sketchup.exe, layout.exe and style builder.exe apps.

Please open BitDefender, switch to Expert Mode (click Settings->SwitchUI to Expert mode), and go to Firewall->Rules and see if you have any rules entered there regarding sketchup.exe, layout.exe and stylebuilder.exe. Double click on each of those rules and see if they are marked as Allow.

If no such rules are present, please add them by hand, by clicking on the '+' button.

Best Regards,

DHL

• I had the same issue BrianNet with BDIS10, although I cannot trace it directly to bitdefender its the same issue you are experiencing. Firefox freezes constantly and hangs for a while (not responding) until it finally reacts. If i am loading a webpage it will take a very long time waiting and then load all at once. Its just a lot of lag. Isnt as present as much with IE but still occurs occasionally. Maybe its a firefox issue?

• Hi again!

This is unacceptable, especially for a company of internet security. Programs only access the Internet when I want, and on my watch. Neither the Windows Automatic Updates are active. This is what the firewall do, control access to the Internet even authorized programs. It's what happens with other applications that I have like gdata 2010 and node 32, in another(s) computer.

Thanks

• Hi mustwakeup,

I don't exactly understand your point of view. I agree that "This is what the firewall do, control access to the Internet even authorized programs", and this is exactly what BitDefender Firewall does. For "authorized programs" you can specify rules and impose certain restrictions on what ports/IPs etc those programs can access. However, I would find it very annoying to be asked for permission each time an "authorized" program accesses the net.

Do you want to be asked for your permission every time a program accesses the network ? BitDefender Firewall does not work like that. At the first run of an (unknown to BitDefender) application that uses the network, the user is asked by the FW whether it allows or not that application to use the network. This answer is noted and further applied to all net accesses of that app. So if when you ran for the first time Google Sketchup and denied its access to internet, that rule is added to the firewall rules. On subsequent launches of Google Sketchup, it will not be allowed to connect to the net. In my last post, I given you an explanation on how to modify these rules.

Do you still encounter problems with those google apps ?

Regards,

DHL

• Hi

Maybe I failed to properly explain what I meant. I know apply the rules to the firewall; this is what I did with other programs such as gdata and nod32. The problem is sketchup with firewall (i experimented with pctools and Privatefirewall ) or without firewall, maintain this behavior not want to start with only antivirus bitdefender, (not experimented with a suite that includes firewall - bitdefender internet security); but would have to operate for those has only the bitdefender antivirus without firewall. He works for those have only gdata or nod 32 antivirus and other free firewall.

Thanks

• Hi mustwakeup,

So the BD Firewall is not the problem as I understand from your post. Sorry for not getting that earlier :)

Could you please switch BitDefender to Expert Mode and go to Antivirus->Advanced Settings and add to the exclusion list of Active Virus Control the executables form Google (sketchup, layout and stylebuilder) and see if the problem goes away. Maybe there is an incompatibility between AVC and those google apps (however, on my test system they work together without a flaw).

Thanks,

DHL

• Hi

I make a exclusion in a list of Active Virus Control from Google (sketchup, layout and stylebuilder) and the problem goes away. Like i told in my first post it´s the same from turn off real protection.

Thanks,

DHL