Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Very Slow System

Options

Since installing Bitdefender Total Security 2010 (BDTS2010) my system is running very very slow with the hard drive constantly working.

If I click an icon it takes forever for the program to open. If I try type text in a box on a website the text has to catch up with my typing.

I am sick and tired of listening to the hard drive constantly working yet nothing is open.

I have now had to disable spam checking as BDTD2010 is hiding my emails god knows where. Its telling me I have new mail but its not appearing in my email software at all.

I am seriously considering taking BDTS2010 off my system and looking for a refund.

How can I stop the BDTS2010 from consistently accessing and running my hard drive?????????

Comments

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe you need more system RAM and a faster hard drive.

When there is little memory the system uses swap memory more(which is on the HDD ) .

Also do a full system scan with BD.Last time i was infected (sometimes in 2005) my hard drive was working hard ,it was the little Jeefo at work :) .

• Neweb
    Options
    Maybe you need more system RAM and a faster hard drive.

When there is little memory the system uses swap memory more(which is on the HDD ) .

Also do a full system scan with BD.Last time i was infected (sometimes in 2005) my hard drive was working hard ,it was the little Jeefo at work :) .

The system was working quite fine (both of them before installing BDTS2010.

I removed version 2009 for a day and the system ran great. Better then it ever has. The problem is with Bitdefender not the system.

• Brianksh
    edited August 2009
    Options

How much memory do you have installed is the question? You have to understand that BDTS 2010 requires memory to run. You may have enough memory to run fine without BDTS 2010, but may not once it is installed. Also your system will be slower with BDTS because of the checking it has to do to insure your system is kept safe. Please post some information about your system setup or no one can help you.

BrianNetAdmin

• Neweb
    Options
    How much memory do you have installed is the question? You have to understand that BDTS 2010 requires memory to run. You may have enough memory to run fine without BDTS 2010, but may not once it is installed. Also your system will be slower with BDTS because of the checking it has to do to insure your system is kept safe. Please post some information about your system setup or no one can help you.

BrianNetAdmin

I have 4GB of RAM in the system so I know this is not the issue.

I have found (by searching with WinPatrol) that vsserv.exe is constantly running at between 67% to 88% of the CPU every time I start the system and while I connect USB Harddrives. At most other times other times its using on average 2% to 11%

The file is running far to much to do what it is supposed to do and thats sit in the background waiting for something to come in. Virus software is not supposed to get in the way of working, its supposed to keep you safe while you are working.