Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Problems With Bitdefender Online Scanner!

Hi!!

Bitdefender ONLINE SCANNER fails both to update virus definitions and the next scansion whenever I try to download them.

Ok, I have a slow connection (56 K dial up) but I don't think that this may be the cause of this failure as I was able to update your virus definition without any hassle just a few weeks ago.

Any suggestion to solve this annoying issue?

Thanks for your consideration.

Comments

• yeah this issue has been known over this year but i dont know what they're doing =)

i have 0.5 kB and it doesnt work, but it has before....

i hope they're fixing this issue soon, bcz it affects all the world that want to scan with BitDefender online scanner and if it doesnt work some days or weeks they will give it up and maybe never scan more with BitDefender but with other security Scan's...

• yeah this issue has been known over this year but i dont know what they're doing =)

i have 0.5 kB and it doesnt work, but it has before....

i hope they're fixing this issue soon, bcz it affects all the world that want to scan with BitDefender online scanner and if it doesnt work some days or weeks they will give it up and maybe never scan more with BitDefender but with other security Scan's...

HI!!

THANKS for your message.

How about try to update the virus signatures database manually??

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...=9720&st=20

• Hi!!

Bitdefender ONLINE SCANNER fails both to update virus definitions and the next scansion whenever I try to download them.

Ok, I have a slow connection (56 K dial up) but I don't think that this may be the cause of this failure as I was able to update your virus definition without any hassle just a few weeks ago.

Any suggestion to solve this annoying issue?

Thanks for your consideration.

I also had a problem getting BDOnlineScan running on WinXPsp3. Here's what I did to fix the ActiveX control module problem: closed BDscanonline browser windows, then deleted "bdscanonline control" file in C:\windows\downloaded program files folder. Went back to browser, selected Online Scan again and a new BDSCANONLINE control program was dowloaded and it ran successfully and I was again able to scan online.