Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Antivirus 2010

Options

Why am I unable to safely remove the USB hard drive from Windows if I have BitDefender Antivirus 2010 installed? When I try to safely remove the USB hard drive I get an error The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later. This error continues even if I disable AntiVirus Shield and the only way to stop the drive from being in use is to uninstall BitDefender. Once I uninstall BitDefender I am then able to safely remove the drive.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited August 2009
    Options

Hello Keith Weisshar,

When you try to stop your usb drive, please choose to stop "USB Mass Storage Device",not Generic Volume (X:) . In case the same error message is displayed, please take a screen-shot and post it here .

Complete steps that will help you make a screen-shot are available bellow:

1. When the window is on you desktop press the PrintScreen key (PrintScreen is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows' clipboard);

2. Open the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint);

3.Paste the picture (Edit -> Paste);

4.Save the file into the JPEG format into a location of your choice and reply the image attached.

Thank you .