Unable To Set Up Home Network

2»

Comments

• I agree with breadncheese on this.

Another bug to go along with what has been stated is that when adding a second PC, for me at least, the first added will disappear, but when I try to re-add it, it says it's already there.

• It Finaly WORKS!!!

1. First of all, check the Network Details: open the Bitdefender program > at the Firewall column be sure it's ON and click on "Network Details":

- Network Type choose "Home/Office"

- Stealth Mode select "No"

- Generic - "Yes" and close the windows

2. Now please manually create a Bitdefender Trusted Zone between the computers in that Network:

- click on Settings (in the upper right part of the Bitdefender window) > Firewall > Advanced > open the "Adapter Rules" window

- click on "Add Zone" > add all the computers from your network (one by

one) > and be sure you select "Allow" (in the lower part of the window)

3. At the Firewall module, the Settings tab:

- turn ON "Internet Connection Sharing"

- turn OFF "Block port scans"

Very important:

1. Share at least one folder on the network on each computer. In order to do this please right click on a folder -> choose Properties -> go to the Sharing tab -> select Share this folder -> click Apply and then OK.

2. Please also go to Start -> run (for Windows XP) or Start -> Search (for Windows Vista and Windows 7) type the command: ncpa.cpl - and hit Enter. Now please right click on the Local/Wireless area connection -> choose Properties and make sure that the 'File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks' is enabled.

3. Please note that the computers in the Network must have the same architecture for the Operating system, in other words they should be all on 32 bits or 64 bits.

In order to be able to configure a Network Map with all the computers, please follow the steps below:

1. On all the computer open Bitdefender > at the "Network Map" column > click on Manage > Enable Network 2. Select the type of computer (Server/Regular) and set a password for each computer.

3. From the Server computer you can add the other computers > open Bitdefender

> click on Settings > Network Map > click on "Add computer" (you can add

> them

by IP or by name)

This should do it! You should now be able send remote commands from the server to the clients!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback!

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.