Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Open Safe

I can't open a file I saved in a safe...for some reason Bitdefender does not open the safe.

I used the right password but the system says: the initilization of the algoritme has failed.

what can I do to makn it possible to open the safe?

I need an important file in this safe.

it's not the first time I have problems with opening that safe.the first I solved it because of moving temps files etc..

I did the same now, but it is still not working.

Comments

• Hello robert66,

I am not really sure how this issue is related with BitDefender. Are you trying to open BitDefender or scan a file with our program? Also, what extension does this file has ?

In order to find out perform the following changes :

- go to your "Control Panel" and open "Folder Options";

- then go to the "View" tab and perform the change :

* uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types" then click on "Apply" and then on "OK" to exit.

Thank you .

• Hello robert66,

I am not really sure how this issue is related with BitDefender. Are you trying to open BitDefender or scan a file with our program? Also, what extension does this file has ?

In order to find out perform the following changes :

- go to your "Control Panel" and open "Folder Options";

- then go to the "View" tab and perform the change :

* uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types" then click on "Apply" and then on "OK" to exit.

Thank you .

I am trying to open the safe with the software of bit defender .

There is an option to look at the safe..the file has as extension .bvd

But it does not work for one strange reason..the password is ok..so that's not the problem..I don't understand why it is not related with BitDefender? Bitdefender has an option ..to make a safe..where you can put in some files..tha'ts what I did..it worked a while but now it's impossible to open the safe..I need the file in that safe so I hope it's possible to solve this issue.

• Hello robert66,

So, you have created BitDefender vault file and now you cannot open it anymore. In this case we recommend you to right click on that file, choose BitDefender File Vault then select Open. Then, a new window should be displayed, type in the password that you have set then click on Open .

In case you this will not work we recommend you to take a screen-shot of the message that you receive and then post it here. The instructions that will help you make a screen-shot can be found bellow:

1. When the window is on you desktop press the PrintScreen key (PrintScreen is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows' clipboard);

2. Open the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint);

3.Paste the picture (Edit -> Paste);

4.Save the file into the JPEG format into a location of your choice and reply to our email with the image attached.

Thank you .

• Hello robert66,

So, you have created BitDefender vault file and now you cannot open it anymore. In this case we recommend you to right click on that file, choose BitDefender File Vault then select Open. Then, a new window should be displayed, type in the password that you have set then click on Open .

In case you this will not work we recommend you to take a screen-shot of the message that you receive and then post it here. The instructions that will help you make a screen-shot can be found bellow:

1. When the window is on you desktop press the PrintScreen key (PrintScreen is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows' clipboard);

2. Open the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint);

3.Paste the picture (Edit -> Paste);

4.Save the file into the JPEG format into a location of your choice and reply to our email with the image attached.

Thank you .

Problem solved, uninstalled Bitdefender and installed another programm with good software.

I was alreatdy not satisfied about Bitdefender, because options are working bad..by exampe cleaning the registry..Bit defender finds nothing wrong or a few items..while good software finds a lot more..

And then this stupid problem with a safe..why I lost a file. a hint for Bitdefender make sofware for things you are good in, like virus sofware..and don't make tools...who are not working great