Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Sign In Wlm 2009

Options

I am currently using Windows Live Messenger 2009 and BitDefender Total Security 2010

Currently there are no threats detected, everything is working fine, however when I sign in with Windows Live Messenger it asked my permission to allow or block I clicked allow, and so it showed the signing in process but failed. Then i turned on game mode and pressed retry this time it signed in and managed to login then it asked me if wlcomm (windows live communication platform) is given permission, i clicked allow. Then it was ok. However each time i need to login I need to switch to game mode or it will not login

Dear BitDefender forum support team, moderators,

Is there a solution to this problem?

Can you guide me in what is happening?

Rules for wlcomm and msnmger are currently set to Allowed in both directions. But same problem

Looking forward for a reply, thank you.

Comments

• dinpm
    Options

Technical team any replies? I really need help.... I paid so much for the product. And the support is so slow...

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello dinpm,

Please follow the next instructions :

1. Open BitDefender,click on Settings, select the Expert Mode then click on Ok .

2. Choose the Firewall module, click on the Network tab and under "Network Configuration" please select your adapter, change the "Trust Level" to "Trusted Local", "Stealth" to "Off" and "Generic" to "Yes" .

3. Now test to see if you have the same issues . After that, click on the Rules tab and then select the Advanced button.

4. Look in this list after the "msnmsgr.exe" process is set to Allow. Double click on it and change its Action if it is set to Deny .

5. Now, close the "BitDefender Edit Firewall Advanced Rules" window and test to see if you have the same issues. If you do, under the Rules tab, click on the Reset Rules button and choose Yes when you will be asked if you agree with this action .

Let us know what happened .

Thank you .