Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Application Initialization Failed

Hello all

I have a strange problem. I installed BitDefender Antivirus 2009 on my Pc which has Windows Vista Home Basic. After rebooting my PC the application fails to start giving me errors. I have attached the screenshots. I thought UAC is creating the problem. So i switched off UAc and i uninstalled and installed it again but no help. when i cleck the icon also i get the same error for seccenter.exe. I am tired installing and uninstalling it again and again but no help. Even when i run BitDefender uninstall tool i get the same thing. So m a little confused. I dont know the exact error.

please help!!!!

post-26758-1251891855_thumb.jpg

post-26758-1251891869_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hello Abhishek Dubey,

We recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2010 following the next steps. You should not have the same issues after that .

Thank you .

• Well thanx for the quick reply. I can do that and post if its successful or not but i just wanted to ask if my 2009 product key will be valid for 2010.

Thanx

• Hello Abhishek Dubey,

You can use your BitDefender 2009 license key for registering the 2010 product without any problems. You can find here detailed steps on how to perform the upgrade.

Thank you .