Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 7 64bit - Bitdefender Is 2010 Tray Icons & Stopped Scan Error

Options

After installing BIS2010 a few things happen with Windows 7 64bit. First of all, the tray icons (next to the clock) start to show up missing. Sometimes a few reboots has them coming back and many times not. I've sort of figured out that enabling "Game Mode" fixes this as after turning this on some of the icons (minus the network icon) show back up. Disabling the BIS firewall will sometimes re-enable the network icon. Second, which sort of goes with the first is the BIS icon will disappear after a few reboots and then never comes back which makes it very hard to get to BIS without using the normal Start Menu program link. The third and final issue that I've experienced is that after the install BIS wants to do a full scan as a part of the "Fix it all" option. When trying to stop the scan I get a message (similar) stating BIS has created a critical error and has had to stop the service, please restart. It will usually do this repeatedly. These issues have been replicated on two separate machines (one dual core laptop, 4gb ram and a desktop with a quad core and 6gb or ram).

If needed I will try to provide more information; however, after installing and uninstalling I don't want my licenses blacklisted from Bitdefender because of too many installs. :-)

Hopefully I'm not the only one having these issues. I see all kinds of other issues people are having with the latest version. I've read and previewed the 2009 version that I bought several licenses of 2010 and at the moment I went back to something more stable.

Comments

• Oh one more thing... The BIS2010 icon when hovering over it usually or is supposed to say something like "Protected: No Issues..." However, it just says "Bitdefender services are now loading. Please wait." It will never change. Maybe upon a reboot but then usually the icon disappears. Keep in mind this was a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64bit RTM and hours of time trying to troubleshoot on a laptop and desktop. I've already tried the tray icon trick of removing the reg entries associated with the tray icon notification area as well as CCleaner's option for fixing something like this which does the same thing. I just have no clue what's happening. I've re-ghosted my machine several times and every time I ghost it back it works fine, but once I've installed Bitdefender the problems come back.

• nheimler
    edited September 2009
    Options

After tinkering some more I have found with the last issue I just posted that by configuring the status tracking options by unchecking and rechecking a couple options make the message go back to "Protected: No issues..."

All just some weird issues, but hey they are annoying.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello nheimler,

We wish to analyze some reports generated on your system. For that, we have sent you an email that will help you obtain these files. Please reply when you have time.

Thank you .

• Hello nheimler,

We wish to analyze some reports generated on your system. For that, we have sent you an email that will help you obtain these files. Please reply when you have time.

Thank you .

Thanks. The one problem has seemed to go away with it keep saying that Bitdefender; however, it did crash on my Dell Inspiron 1420 while in several apps. Other than that so far after I saw your message and reinstalling on the two machines it seems clean besides the crash. I did let the crash be sent to you guys as I received a pop up to send the dmp file to you. Hopefully you will be able to find it as that is one of the issues I was having.

• Thanks. The one problem has seemed to go away with it keep saying that Bitdefender; however, it did crash on my Dell Inspiron 1420 while in several apps. Other than that so far after I saw your message and reinstalling on the two machines it seems clean besides the crash. I did let the crash be sent to you guys as I received a pop up to send the dmp file to you. Hopefully you will be able to find it as that is one of the issues I was having.

Oops...missed a part of a sentence and it wouldn't let me edit. I was starting to say that the message seemed to go away about Bitdefender services still loading please way.

• nheimler
    edited September 2009
    Options

Attached is an image of one of the issues I was having. It was doing really good until I did multiple reboots after installing some software. This seems to be the issue. Multiple reboots within 2-3 minutes of Windows booting due to installing software. This is also when the tray icon of Bitdefender just flat out disappears, but here is the image of the one while I had a few minutes.

Btw...I will get the other files sent over sometime this weekend when I get some time and when I can replicate the other issues.

post-26770-1252103801_thumb.jpg

• nheimler
    edited September 2009
    Options

Ok...it's been a couple weeks and so far I have yet to see any news on these issues I've had. Not to mention others are starting to report these same issues after scanning the threads. Any news so I can start using my product again? I've gone back to another more reliable product in the mean time as nothing seems to be done. Too bad you couldn't use ********* model and just have it display the database last updated when you hover over Bitdefender. This is the one feature of ********* that I like over Bitdefender. I also hate that Bitdefender makes you do a virus scan once a week. For most users this is probably good to have, but for us techs that hate this feature I'd like to be able to disable this without it yelling that it needs to fix something if no scan is done. Any way around this by chance?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello nheimler,

Unfortunately the issue that you described is still under analysis. I assure you that we will keep you posted as soon as we have new information's about it.

Unfortunately, the only way you can stop receiving warnings from BitDefender related to the scan process, is by disabling the alerts option for the Antivirus module . In order to do this, you need to open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the General tab then click on the "Configure status tracking" option. Here uncheck the "Antivirus status" option then click on Ok .

Thank you .

• Wow...is this forum that picky that when I made a suggestion that I thought would be useful from another product to use in your's that you "bleep" it out? Here I was sending you guys and taking time out of my day to send you guys all these reports you've asked of me etc and I make a suggestion and it's cut out? Nice... If other's agreed then maybe it would be something useful. As a tech I have to compare different AV products, so I may use references like this. And here I was just helping you guys make your product better.

And I am aware of disabling the alarts, but it disables anything related to AV which I don't like. Thus the suggestion of being able to disable just that one part of it similar to the "other" product.

• I did re-read the forum info and it does say not to compare, but I felt this was a valid comparison for the problem some of us are having. Thus making the comparison, so I apologize for posting it. BUT...like I said it was meant to be a suggestion to fix the issue.

• Any update on this?