Unknown Adresses Loging In My Wireless

Hi all,

My setup is faily simple. Got a home network with 1 desktop and a laptop with a wireless. All under linksys router.

Both are installed with internet security 2009.

My laptop is under xp.

At any moment bitdefender notices me that xxx ip adress has logon to my wireless network. The problem is that I do not know theses adreses.

Firewall is at allow known program and network tab has safe as trusted level.

I would like to understand the process of having these adresses login in the wireless.

Is my machine a zombie? Bitdefender scanned regularly and all other options are set with fairly enough protection.

Thanks for replying me quickly,

Michel

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited September 2009

Hello mrathe,

Usually, this notifications, appears because of an option that is set under the Firewall module. Open BitDefender, click on the Switch to Advanced View button , select the Firewall module then access the Advanced Settings button . Here, you must probably have checked an option called "Show Wi-Fi Notifications" . This option have an informative role and it will notify you about your wireless network events .

If is possible, please take a screen-shot with the BitDefender notification that you are referring to in order to better understand the sittuation described by you . Also please tell us the IP address that appears in this BitDefender window.

You can either upload the screen-shot here and then post the download link or you can attach it to your future post .

Thank you .