Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.Downloader.Swizzor.AG

Options

Could anybody help to remove a Trojan that keeps launcing itself onto my computer. Bitdefender has blocked this virus (Trojan.Downloader.Swizzor.AG) from infecting my computer but does not eliminate the Trojan from reinstalling.

Although Bitdefender recognises this virus after scaning my computer, it does not list this virus on its encyopedia and does not offer any removal tool.

Please help :unsure:

Comments

• Cd-MaN
    Options

This is a trojan, which means that the infected executable can simply be deleted (for removal). Also, if it keep reappearing, it means that there is an undetected malware source. What I would advise:

- Make sure that Windows has all the patches applied to it (visit the Microsoft Windows Update site with Internet Explorer to check this)

- Run a full system scan in safe mode

If the file still keeps reappearing, send an e-mail to our support department.

• Niels
    Options

Most of the times trojans or other malware make a system restore point so they can reinstall again after they are removed. Go to start,my computer,right click on my computer choose properties,system restore,check the option disable system restore on all stations confirm by pressing on apply and ok. Now uncheck the option again and press on apply and ok. Then reboot your pc in safe mode by pressing several times on the f8 button before the windows loading screen and choose for safe mode. To let BitDefender scan in safe mode you must do this go to start,run,at the run dialog box type cmd press enter then type %SystemDrive% press enter again. Type : cd %ProgramFiles%Common FilesSoftwinBitDefender Scan Server press enter.

Here are the commando's:

Run bdc.exe.

To disinfect the infected files type the command:

bdc /files /boot /arc /mail /log=bdcscan.log /fixed /dis

To quarantine the infected files type the command:

bdc /files /boot /arc /mail /log=bdcscan.log /fixed /move /moves

To delete the infected files type the command:

bdc /files /boot /arc /mail /log=bdcscan.log /fixed /del

I also recommend you that you also use the microsoft clean up tool go to start,all programs,accessoires,system toolset,disc cleanup.

• This is a trojan, which means that the infected executable can simply be deleted (for removal). Also, if it keep reappearing, it means that there is an undetected malware source. What I would advise:

- Make sure that Windows has all the patches applied to it (visit the Microsoft Windows Update site with Internet Explorer to check this)

- Run a full system scan in safe mode

If the file still keeps reappearing, send an e-mail to our support department.

Thankyou for you assistance. I have tried to run bitdefender in safe mode but it will not launch itself in safe mode. (some executable file is missing).

PS

I have updated all windows patches and have run programs such as windows defender, bitdefender, and webroot spyware removal in normal windows XP mode. Each time I have run these programs my CPU memory is drastically reduced to critically low levels. My usual free memory on c:drive has been reduced from 19GB to under 100MB.

Recently to free up space so that my computer can still run I have deleted hundreds of hidden temporary files located in C:/windows/temp/temp*

How do I run bitdefender in safe mode as you suggested when the program does not launch itself in safe mode?

• AcceleratorX
    edited April 2007
    Options

Hello,

Since you are infected with a variant of the Swizzor trojan, I advise you to follow the steps for removal of this malware from your computer which is described in the below links:

http://www.spywareremove.com/removeSwizzor.html

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_136491.htm

The first link also offers a downloadable tool which will remove Swizzor variants from your computer. Try it and see what happens. :)

Also, you can run two free anti-virus tools which will not conflict with your current AV. Check if these two tools are able to remove the infection:

MicroWorld Anti-Virus Toolkit

Dr.Web CureIt!

• Niels
    Options

Hi Honeywood41

Look at my previous post for how to perform a scan in safe mode. Try also my suggestions.

Regards

Niels

• Hi Honeywood41

Look at my previous post for how to perform a scan in safe mode. Try also my suggestions.

Regards

Niels

Hello Niels,

Thank you for your help and suggestions. I shall try your method ASAP

Regards,

Honeywood41

• Niels
    Options
    Hello Niels,

Thank you for your help and suggestions. I shall try your method ASAP

Regards,

Honeywood41

That was gladly done. Or you can just put in the installation disc of BitDefender and boot your pc. Then you can also scan.

Regards

Niels