Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd 2010 .dll Errors

Options

When I upgraded my laptop to BDIS2010 the installation went fine and registration was sorted out but soon afterwards I got some errors - some really worrysome.

My Vodafone usb modem could not connect to the network , causing an error poup window telling me that VMCBasedServices threw an exception and a lot of VMC and SystemRuntime errors listed .

Second error I picked up was when I clicked on Safely remove hardware icon , another error window telling me that hotplug.dll could not be found .

Then I decided to rather do a system restore a few days back because I did not realise at that stage BD is causing the problems . System restore does not restore my system . It just does not work , telling me it could not do the restore . I did a restore point at that stage , tried to let windows repair my files and then tried to restore again to the restore point made earlier . Same thing happens .

At this stage I thought it must be Windows or maybe the new laser printer installed a few days ago . Uninstalled as much things as I could but no joy . Then I decided to stop playing around and did a WindowsXP re-install . Formatted the drive and installed . Everything worked fine until I installed BD2010 . Same old problems again .

As a test installed the BD2010 on my desktop with XP and now it is causing me the same problems .

How can this be fixed or sorted out . Thought it was an upgrade but it costed me already more than 40 hours of sweating and swearing . Come on BitDefender , do not release buggy upgrades and invite people to install it . I might even consider going back to McAfee because it never caused me any problems but slowed the pc down a bit . Now BitDefender is making my pc standing still.

PLEASE respond because last time BD2009 freezed up on me I waited for 6 days for a response and ended up sorting out the problem by re-installing it .

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello stainedglass,

For start, please open BitDefender, click on the Settings button, select the Expert Mode then click on Ok. Now, choose the Antivirus module then click on the Advanced Settings button under the Shield tab. Here please disable the Active Virus Control option and look if the same issues occurs.

The error message that you described when you tried to safely remove your USB modem is currently investigated and most probably a fix will be released through automatic update soon .

Thank you .

• Alex ,

It resolved the hotplug.dll message when I remove usb hardware .

However , the most important of all to me is the mobile usb modem still not connecting with the exception error and system restore also not working as well .

I am going to uninstall BD2010 now and reinstall BD2009 . How do I remove the BD2010 totally , because apparently uninstalling it from the control panel does not do it properly . Tried it on my desktop but it is still lurking there somewhere .

Thanks a lot

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello stainedglass,

We are sorry for this unfortunate situation . If you want to uninstall the current version of BitDefender, please use our uninstall tool from the next link:http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall . Save the tool then run it and it should completely remove BitDefender. After that, reboot your computer when you will be prompted, download the BitDefender IS 2009 installation kit from the next link: http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2009_32b.exe and proceed with the installation of this product.

Thank you .