Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdav 2010 / Vista Uac

Options

Alright....What is up with BDAV 2010 not getting along with Vista's UAC? Currently, I have 5 profiles (family computer using Vista Business) with four of them being user level profiles, the 5th being the administrator. Mine.

Recently, the AV stopped working and I had to turn of UAC, uninstall and then reinstall BD to get it to work. Now, it's broke again. Same problem, about a week later. My questions are:

1.) Does Vista or BD turn UAC back on by itself? I didn't do it and the rest of the users don't have access to do it. :o

2.) Is having UAC off for the other limited profiles a security risk in itself? :ph34r:

3.) Is there a fix coming for this? :unsure:

--Jerrid

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Jerrid,

We had some issues on our 2009 product with the User Account Control feature, but they were fixed in our 2010 release and also they were related to some scan issues. In your case, I would suggest you to follow the steps from the email that I have sent you and reply back with the reports that we need, so that we can determine what happened exactly .

Thank you .

• Hello Jerrid,

We had some issues on our 2009 product with the User Account Control feature, but they were fixed in our 2010 release and also they were related to some scan issues. In your case, I would suggest you to follow the steps from the email that I have sent you and reply back with the reports that we need, so that we can determine what happened exactly .

Thank you .

Well, if it happens again, I will try and walk mom through performing systems dumps and the like. In the mean time, do you have any other suggestions or should I just turn UAC on and break my third install so I can recreate the event?

I did call tech support and they indicated that this is known bug. Would you agree?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Jerrid,

Most probably my colleagues referred to the scan issues, that were caused by UAC on BitDefender 2009. Since you had User Account Control turned off and you had the same problem, there must be something else that is causing it.

At the moment, you should follow the steps from my email and send us back the requested reports for further analysis .

We are looking forward to your reply .

Thank you .

• /applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5589" data-fileid="5589" rel="">BDFileInfo.log

Well this is the only file that it will late me upload. The .tar file and the BDReg file wont upload. (Not permitted.)

Anyhow, while UAC is still disabled, it looks like the client is now only partially failing. The client will not update and has disabled defender.

• Yeah. I cant upload the other results to you, per your forum restrictions.

So now what?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Jerrid,

Please reply with the files that we have asked you to the email that you received from us . It will be great also, if you can run these diagnoses tools while BitDefender stops working and if possible, please take a screen-shot to the BitDefender window and send it as well.

Thank you .