Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why Is Bd Blocking Windows Updates ,again?

Options

looks like yet another issue,(i sick of this) windows update is being blocked in the logs it just says the file name ect, but no name for which ever virus it thinks the system it's running on is,the also happened with bd is 2008, so it's gotta be bd update related, perhaps we better block bd updates too eh,????? this surely should be fixed a.s.a.p as it's mircro crap's patch week lot's of us all complaining who what to update,lol this should be posted on web site" the register "as this thing should not be happening and would not if they knew what they were doing,(who ever writes these virus update files)

Comments

• I'm also curious why this is happening to some people and to others it doesn't. Because I made the Windows Update yesterday without problems.

• I'm also curious why this is happening to some people and to others it doesn't. Because I made the Windows Update yesterday without problems.

Yeh, it certainly is a strange one, the update worked fine after installed bd, to the last time i used vista(as i have dual o/s) but when it checked at start up it got blocked several times,but not by the firewall,bd blocked the download of the files from the ms update server,

There is a workaround that is to disable real time virus protection and the update works,(did for me) this only affects vista xp updated without a problem,

the last time a similar issue occurred bd quarantined the windows update process exe file, rendering vista unable to update,and said it was a Trojan generic blah. blah, blah,(false positive) i now treat every Trojan generic the same non,malicious,

• I have Vista SP2 as well so it should've affected me too. That didn't happen.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello davey,

Please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on Update and let us know the number of virus signatures and engine version that you have. Also, it will help us if you can tell us the name and the location of the files falsely detected as infected . You can click on the "View Logs" button, then access Antivirus and here you should find these details.

You should also try to run a Deep System Scan and look if the same files are detected. You can reply to our email with the scan log attached for further analysis.

Thank you .

• post-14196-1252599129_thumb.jpg

Hello davey,

Please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on Update and let us know the number of virus signatures and engine version that you have. Also, it will help us if you can tell us the name and the location of the files falsely detected as infected . You can click on the "View Logs" button, then access Antivirus and here you should find these details.

You should also try to run a Deep System Scan and look if the same files are detected. You can reply to our email with the scan log attached for further analysis.

Thank you .

Hi,Alex, it's not detecting a file on my pc,and blocking it, as deepscan does not flag anything up, it seems to be the files that windows update was trying to download from Microsoft that it blocked, )the actual file transfare)i have inlcluded a copy of the pop up message which i got at the time it blocked it

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Davey,

Thanks for the screen-shot. If possible, please tell us the number of the virus signatures and engine version. You can find thes information's under the Update module .

Also, go to the next location : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Events and here you will find a file called "history.xml" . Upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a personal message with the download link .

Thank you .

• Im having the same problem.

I have 4140874 virus signatures, running engine version 7.27661. May i please also send you my history file?

• I have the same problem with Vista x64 SP2 and Bitdefender 2010

• Are all you guys on Vista x64? I'm on x32 ... maybe that's why I don't have a problem, must be a problem specific for x64.

• Are all you guys on Vista x64? I'm on x32 ... maybe that's why I don't have a problem, must be a problem specific for x64.

Yes im running ultimate - seems to be only 64 bit os that are affected.

• I have the same problem. Vista x64 SP2 and Bitdefender 2010. The updates works only if are installed with the BD.

• I have the same problem. Vista x64 SP2 and Bitdefender 2010. The updates works only if are installed with the BD.

Thats good but BD only wants to install optional updates?

• this false positive of detecting/blocking MS update's and driver updates should you try the useless driver update in vista that get's blocked too,lol

• Hi,

Same problem for me. Started 2 weeks ago.

I'm also using a 64 bits version of windows vista ultimate.

Found several people on forums experiencing the same issue. It is seems there is at least one kind of that bug for each version of bitdefender (found similar issues reported for 2008 and 2009 versions).

Hoping you'll fix this one soon because i really start to get bored with taking so much time to make my antivirus working (called several time the hotline the last two years. Never had to do that with my previous antivirus).

Regards.

• Its a shame really bitdefender is one of the better security programs i've used. Ironic that it has a bug blocking windows updates - which you could argue is an integral part of your system security when it comes to blocking holes in microsoft software.

Im getting bored of clicking on the virus alert button and especially getting kicked out of games to do so.

Im glad i only have a trial version - be interesting to see how quickly this bug gets fixed.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello all,

This is a known issue and we are currently working on a fix. We are sorry for the inconvenience and please rest assure that we will keep you posted as soon as we have a resolution .

Thank you .

• I'm running Windows XP SP3 and experienceing the same problem. As I recall, I had this problem about a month ago. Is there any temporary work around? "We are working on a resolution." may be OK for a long term fix, but what about now? Can Tech Support send a notice to users and/or post a note on a temporary work around? Thanks.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello satcom15,

This issue has been solved on our latest update. Please try to disable the BitDefender Real Time Protection then to update Windows and look if the same issue occurs. In order to disable the real-time protection please open BitDefender, click the "Settings" button in the upper right side of the interface, Switch UI to "Expert Mode", Click "OK"; Go to "Antivirus" > "Shield" and click on "Real-time protection is enabled", select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK" (the message will change to "Real-time protection is disabled").

Also, please go to the next location : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Events from your system and here you will find a file called "history.xml" . Upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a personal message with the download link .

Thank you .