Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2010 & Some Bugs

Hi all, since installing BitDefender 2010, I identified several bugs in comparison with the 2009 version.

Which is certain is that the 2010 version is lighter, and it must welcome all people contributing to this significant change ...

-> Internet Explorer 8 is very slow to startup.

-> Your Uninstaller 2008 don't work if you the system intrusion detection is enable (it's weird).

-> All program installers take a long time for launching as if something happens in the background (I think it's the most annoying bug).

-> Shuting down PC is slower than 2009.

I think that's all for now, I hope it will be considered, because other than that, it is a great work that has been provided.

Thank you all.

Comments

• Hello MrGSM,

Thank you for the appreciations and for taking the time to report these issues. You may try if you have the possibility, to manually disable some BitDefender modules, so that you can determine which one is responsible for the described issues.

We are looking forward to your reply .

Thank you .

• Now i work with BitDefender 2009 cause i'm waiting for those problems to be resolve.

• MrGSM
    edited September 2009

Hello to support.

I see that the cause of all those bugs is the activation of the intrusions detection system.

Look at my video here and the bug with internet explorer 8 (is too slow) :

BitDefender bug with IE8

The problem is if we disable (IDS), we are in front of Pirates and our security is in weak, help as.

• Any feed back?

• No body to tell us?

• i can confirm the full-screen games load with quite a delay, like one minute or longer,

when intrusion detection system is activated.

other than that i haven't noticed any delays.

adobe cs3 applications, ms office 2007, opera, maxthon, perfect disk, to mention few, load fine.

there's another thing however.

the longer i work with resource intensive applications, there's a slight lag growing.

also when i d/l big amount of data, like 4 or 8 gb, the OS becomes less responsive,

although those d/led files are not meant to be automatically scanned.

• Hello MrGSM,

The Intrusion Detection System monitors all the applications trying to access the network resources . That is why, is somehow normal that Internet Explorer is slower when you access a webpage . However, do you have this issue with only with Internet Explorer or with all the browsers that you are using ?

Thank you .

• Thanks for your answer.

No just Internet Explorer, firefox work fine.

But Intrusion Detection System blocks me other applications that never connect to the internet, such as all the program installers...

• Viscon
    edited September 2009

here's another issue with Intrusion Detection System activated.

while burning DVD-RAM with ImgBurn, bdagent crashed and that stopped burning process.

bdagent recovered when i closed pop-up window, then i deactivated IDS, and burning could continue.

looks like IDS is buggy...

oh, and ImgBurn didn't seem to try to access network resources.

• i have the same problem with: "Your Uninstaller! 2008"

i reported it here.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15260

• Where is the intrusion detection system setting?

I found the outbreak one.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but with the firewall enabled, I cannot play any steam games even though I have set them to allow when BD asked.

• Where is the intrusion detection system setting?

Firewall section -> Settings tab -> Advanced Settings button -> last option on the bottom: Enable Intrusion Detection (IDS)

by default IDS isn't ticked for some reason...

• Firewall section -> Settings tab -> Advanced Settings button -> last option on the bottom: Enable Intrusion Detection (IDS)

by default IDS isn't ticked for some reason...

Perhaps for the bugs... who knows!

• Thanks Viscon. I just tried a full screen game (tfc) with that on & it worked fine.

If a anything changes, I'll report back.

• Actually, there may be a bug with the network checking as mine says there's an issue but when I click the network tab, there's notbing visible in the way of anything to be fixed.

Dashboard says: critical warning - security issues etc. Nothing shown in network tab at all about any issues.

• Perhaps for the bugs... who knows!

that was my first thought indeed

:wacko:

• Security center is maxing out one of my cores at 92%!!

• There seems to be a bug with adding a second PC to the network. It says the second PC either is not accesable or does not have BD installed. Both of which it is & it does.

Same thing if I try from the second PC to add the first.

• Hello all,

My colleagues from the Testing team are currently analyzing the incompatibility between Your Uninstaller 2008 and Intrusion Detection System . We will keep you posted as soon as we have more information's about it.

Viscon: Please tell us what version of ImgBurn are you using so that we can reproduce this issue on our systems .

L.o.D. :The home network issue that you described, was discussed in another topic:http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15892 . Please try the steps from my first post and then add you reply there with the information's that we have asked you.

Thank you .

• hi Alex,

it's the latest ImgBurn - v2.5.0.0

thnx

• Need to add some other bugs not mentioned yet.

Even though a scan has been performed, the dashboard says it was aborted when it finished just fine.

• Hello L.o.D.,

Mainly, this topic referees to the situations encountered by our users with Intrusion Detection System . If you have discovered another issue with BitDefender, please open a new topic that refers to it and a short description on how this issue is reproducing on your system . Also, let us know the name and the version of the BitDefender program that you are using (the version can be determined if you right click on the BitDefender icon near your computer clock and choose About), the name of your operating system and also, in your case the type of scan that you have ran and if possible provide us a screen-shot of the message that you got.

We are asking you to do this, so that other users that are dealing with the same sittuation, to express their opinions and to better locate the issues that occurs with our program.

We are waiting you to open a new topic as described above.

Thank you .

• alcatraz
    edited January 2010

This is a funny error on TS 2010... :D Its in romanian.

post-30306-1262761036_thumb.jpg

• Hello alcatraz,

When did you install BitDefender? Are you sure you didn't just install the Romanian version?

Cris.