Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vnc Server Blocked With Firewall

gjs
gjs
edited September 2009 in General talk

Hi,

I can not connect to my Real VNC server (4) from other machine in my home network. It's listed as allowed (any/any).

Only when I turn of the BD firewall I can connect.

Pinging the machine did not work either, but I already found out that that is because of Stealth mode switched on.

Comments

• Hello Frans_NL,

In order to be able to assist you further, please let us know:

- what BitDefender product/version you are using;

- what is your operating system;

- are there any other security solutions on the same PC, besides BitDefender?

- what type of Internet connection are you using ;

Thank you .

• Hello Frans_NL,

In order to be able to assist you further, please let us know:

- what BitDefender product/version you are using;

- what is your operating system;

- are there any other security solutions on the same PC, besides BitDefender?

- what type of Internet connection are you using ;

Thank you .

hello Alex,

- BitDefender GameSafe 2008

- XP SP3

- No other

- Wired ethernet through a router and cable modem. But the connection attempt is in the same LAN/subnet

• Hello Frans_NL,

In order to troubleshoot the situation you have encountered please be so kind as to follow the procedure detailed below:

1. Open BitDefender, go to Settings -> Firewall and temporarily uncheck "Firewall is enabled". Now please test in order to see if you have the same issue.

2. If it can connect like this, please re-enable the Firewall and go to Traffic. Please search for any processes belonging to the application that has the connectivity issue, click on "+" next to it and check in order to see if it has the Action "Deny" -> if this is the case please double click on the entry and change the action to "Allow".

3. Now click on the Advanced tab and uncheck the option called "Stealth Mode" .

Let us know what happened.

Thank you .

• Hello Frans_NL,

In order to troubleshoot the situation you have encountered please be so kind as to follow the procedure detailed below:

1. Open BitDefender, go to Settings -> Firewall and temporarily uncheck "Firewall is enabled". Now please test in order to see if you have the same issue.

2. If it can connect like this, please re-enable the Firewall and go to Traffic. Please search for any processes belonging to the application that has the connectivity issue, click on "+" next to it and check in order to see if it has the Action "Deny" -> if this is the case please double click on the entry and change the action to "Allow".

3. Now click on the Advanced tab and uncheck the option called "Stealth Mode" .

Let us know what happened.

Thank you .

1. Can connect with firewall disabled

2. Allow was enabled

3. Tried did not work either

Did quite some investigating and trying again. Found out that for some reason the Windows Firewall was turned on (again)???

Does not seem good, turned off: was is enough. Did not help though.

Actions taken after which started to work:

- Remove VNC rules (Settings - Firewall - Traffic - Edit - Exit)

- I finally also removed a few system processes that were 'Deny' (system, svchost.exe)

- Set Firewall in Ask mode (Settings - Firewall)

- Stop Firewall

- Stop VNC server (can try to use other port eg 5901)

- Start Firewall

- Start VNC server

- BD ask to allow connection/port usage: OK

!!! Now I did not see VNC appearing in Activity window!!! - Could not connect

- Stopped and started VNCserver, then the process appeared in the list.

- Can connect!

(Stopping starting removing VNC parts, I think have tried numerous times)

This line was in the log:

2009/10/02 01:44:31.375 [bDFNDISF][FILTER] Denied TCP packet. (dir = INBOUND, src addr = 192.168.1.114, src port = 4412, dst addr = 192.168.1.145, dst port = 5900)

NOw it works, so I'll leave this info to whomever may need it.

• The dialog about shutting down the VNC server - GONE

About the fastpush - Ill see what I can do... Ive never used it, so I need to see how it works first.

10x for the suggestions.