Bitdefender 10 Buggy As ######!

I'm a systems engineer and buy many copies of Bitdefender for clients, but I have to say that Bitdefender 2010 has been disapointing so far. Every Vista system I have installed it on has crashed with a blue screen and I have needed to remove BD 2010.

This has happened on all 32bit versions of vista on both used and clean install systems.

Is there an issue with Vista SP2 perhaps?

Anyway, as I cannot use BD2010 because of this and I have renewals for 2009 versions due, can I renew 2009 still with a 2010 serial number or can I even renew a 2009 version?

If not, it looks as though BitDefender have lost many sales.

Danny Flounders

Comments

• I'm a systems engineer and buy many copies of Bitdefender for clients, but I have to say that Bitdefender 2010 has been disapointing so far. Every Vista system I have installed it on has crashed with a blue screen and I have needed to remove BD 2010.

This has happened on all 32bit versions of vista on both used and clean install systems.

Is there an issue with Vista SP2 perhaps?

Anyway, as I cannot use BD2010 because of this and I have renewals for 2009 versions due, can I renew 2009 still with a 2010 serial number or can I even renew a 2009 version?

If not, it looks as though BitDefender have lost many sales.

Danny Flounders

You should be able to revert to and renew 2009 i would think. It took me an hour or 2 a day for almost a week, before i could even get bd2009 working without causing problems. I pulled out so much hair from my head, i was beginning to look like itchy and scratchy of the Simpsons.... and i'm a computer service tech back from the days of the IBM PCjr. Never seen anything like it. I wouldn't touch bd2010 with a 10 foot pole at this point in time. Good luck.

• Hello danfloun

There was a know issue between a Realtek driver (especially on Windows Vista and Windows 7) and BitDefender, that lead to blue screen error messages right after the installation : http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...20&start=20 . This issue was solved and most probably in approximately 2 weeks it will be implemented in the BitDefender installation kits.

We have sent you the workaround through the email . If those steps will not help you, we recommend you to reply to our email with the files that were generated on C:\WINDOWS\Minidump .

Now, regarding the renewal question, even if you renew to BitDefender 2010 we will be able to change your license key so that you can use BitDefender 2009 .

Do not hesitate to reply to our email if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

• You should be able to revert to and renew 2009 i would think. It took me an hour or 2 a day for almost a week, before i could even get bd2009 working without causing problems. I pulled out so much hair from my head, i was beginning to look like itchy and scratchy of the Simpsons.... and i'm a computer service tech back from the days of the IBM PCjr. Never seen anything like it. I wouldn't touch bd2010 with a 10 foot pole at this point in time. Good luck.

Hey,

Yeah that's the conclusion I've come to as well.

Never had issues with 2009 myself.

This makes me wonder whether to even bother trying there server products, have you had any experience with there business security products?

• Hello danfloun

There was a know issue between a Realtek driver (especially on Windows Vista and Windows 7) and BitDefender, that lead to blue screen error messages right after the installation : http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...20&start=20 . This issue was solved and most probably in approximately 2 weeks it will be implemented in the BitDefender installation kits.

We have sent you the workaround through the email . If those steps will not help you, we recommend you to reply to our email with the files that were generated on C:\WINDOWS\Minidump .

Now, regarding the renewal question, even if you renew to BitDefender 2010 we will be able to change your license key so that you can use BitDefender 2009 .

Do not hesitate to reply to our email if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

There are no realtek drivers in use on the system I have infront of me, does the Realtek driver need to be in use or simply on the system?

• Hello danfloun,

The driver in question is "Rtnicxp.sys" and belongs to some Realtek network cards. If you have the possibility, try to send us the files generated here: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump as a reply to the email that we have sent you with the attached, so that we can see exactly what determines this issue.

Thank you .

• Hey,

Yeah that's the conclusion I've come to as well.

Never had issues with 2009 myself.

This makes me wonder whether to even bother trying there server products, have you had any experience with there business security products?

No. Where i work, they prefer av 10.2 from another company which i shall not name. Have pulled out a lot less hair with that one.... but i'd stay away from their newer product right now.