Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Remove Virus That Disinfection And Move Failed?

Options

Did a deep scan and got 6 hits (all in my e-mail files) stating that have got 6 infections with similar status - Infected Generic Peed.eml.274C6F7A (other 5 have similar results) and that disinfection failed and move failed.

How do I remove these items?

Comments

• Niels
    Niels
    edited August 2007
    Options

Hello RonC

Because in this situation all your mails are stored in a database file. No antivirus can open the database and look for the infected mails and delete them. Check this topic for how to delete these mails: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=1469

Regards

Niels

• Hello RonC

Because in this situation all your mails are stored in a database file. No antivirus can open the database and look for the infected mails and delete them. Check this topic for how to delete these mails: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=1469

Regards

Niels

Many thanks for your assistance Niels, much appreciated.

Ron

• Niels
    Options

Hello RonC

It should work.

Glad that I could help you.

Regards

Niels

• jp01
    Options

I have a similar problem to the OP.

I have run the online scanner and got the report giving the location of 'suspected of exploit.Iframe.Vulnerability' it also shows the message number 1540 in Outlook express.

I have open the scanned .dbx file using MS word.

How do I find the which is correct email number 1540?

TIA.

• Niels
    Options

Hello jp01

Open outlook express and delete the infected mail. Then empty your deleted items folder. After that go to file, data file management ,select the current mail archive,Setting ,Compact Now. You have to disable realtime protection first. You have to search for the subject of the infected mail.

Regards

Niels

• jp01
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Hello jp01

Open outlook express and delete the infected mail. Then empty your deleted items folder. After that go to file, data file management ,select the current mail archive,Setting ,Compact Now. You have to disable realtime protection first. You have to search for the subject of the infected mail.

Regards

Niels

thanks for the prompt reply.

The problem I have is in identfying which particular email is infected to delete.

All I have is this identifier of 1540. How do i decide which one is 1540?

• Niels
    Options

Hello jp01

It's easier that you download the free edition: free edition Update it perform a deep scan to do that open BitDefender go to antivirus,scanning. After that go to general,events,choose antivirus,doubleclick on the item scan finished,more info and post the report. That is easier because it's difficult to find the mail.

Regards

Niels

• jp01
    Options
    Hello jp01

It's easier that you download the free edition: free edition Update it perform a deep scan to do that open BitDefender go to antivirus,scanning. After that go to general,events,choose antivirus,doubleclick on the item scan finished,more info and post the report. That is easier because it's difficult to find the mail.

Regards

Niels

Here is the log report from the free edition.I have also added the relevant bitdefender report with the email problem.

//-----------------------------------------------------------------

//

// Product BitDefender Free Edition v10

// Product 10.2

//

// Created on: 24/08/2007 18:41:18

//

//-----------------------------------------------------------------

Virus Statistics

Scan path : C:\

D:\

Folders : 4455

Files : 43095

Memory processes scanned : 38

Archives : 6

Runtime packers : 3834

Identified viruses : 0

Infected files : 0

Memory processes infected : 0

Suspect files : 0

Warnings : 0

Disinfected files : 0

Deleted files : 0

Moved files : 0

I/O errors : 9

Scan time : 00:15:44

Scan speed (files/sec) : 45

Spyware Statistics

Registry keys scanned : 1913

Registry keys infected : 0

Cookies scanned : 258

Cookies infected : 0

Spyware files infected : 0

Spyware threats detected : 0

Virus definitions : 814528

Scan plugins : 16

Archive plugins : 40

Unpack plugins : 6

Mail plugins : 6

System plugins : 5

Virus scan options

Detection

[X] Scan boot sectors

[X] Memory Processes

[ ] Scan archives

[X] Scan runtime packers

[X] Scan email

File mask

[X] Programs

[ ] All files

[ ] User defined extensions:

[ ] Exclude extensions: ;

Action

Infected objects

[ ] Ignore

[X] Disinfect

[ ] Delete

[ ] Move to quarantine

[ ] Prompt user

Second action

[ ] Ignore

[ ] Delete

[X] Move to quarantine

[ ] Prompt user

Virus scan options

[X] Enable warnings

[ ] Enable heuristics

[ ] Show all files in log

[X] Report file: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bitdefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs\full_scan\1187977278.log

Spyware scan options

[X] Scan for riskware

[ ] Skip dial and applications from scan

[X] Registry keys

[X] Cookies

Scanned File

Status

C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{72483DB9-5AAA-48A0-BFBA-21CB8021783F}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Inbox.dbx=>(message 1540)

Suspected of: Exploit.Iframe.Vulnerability

C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{72483DB9-5AAA-48A0-BFBA-21CB8021783F}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Inbox.dbx=>(message 1540)

Disinfection failed

Deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{72483DB9-5AAA-48A0-BFBA-21CB8021783F}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Inbox.dbx

Update failed

C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-602162358-299502267-725345543-1004\Dc21.bak=>(message 1540)

C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-602162358-299502267-725345543-1004\Dc21.bak=>(message 1540)

Disinfection failed

Deleted

C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-602162358-299502267-725345543-1004\Dc21.bak

Update failed

D:\My Documents\email back up\Inbox.dbx=>(message 469)

Disinfection failed

Deleted

D:\My Documents\email back up\Inbox.dbx

Update failed

thanks again for your help.

• Niels
    Options

Hello jp01

Empty you recycle bin by right clicking on it and choose empty. You can try this tool to index your pc so it's easier to find the mail: copernic search or Google desktop

If you don't wanted to do that the best thing is contacting live chat: live assistance You have to press on the icon of the girl. After that choose technical support.

Regards

Niels