Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Generic.peed And Trojan.dropper.rie Bd Says Blocked, But Email Programs Shows Expanding List Of Weir

Options

Hi,

I've looked through previous posting re: these two, but my problem is different in that when I scan using Bitdefender, it doesn't locate these or any other malware.

However every time a new email comes in a BD warning comes up saying that two different emails had these (one has Trojan, the other Generic...) but both were blocked. It keeps listing the same two emails.

Meanwhile, in my inbox, I keep getting emails with either no subject line (31K) or two characters (479K) which refuse to be deleted. It started this morning and I now have 15 of the former and 4 of the latter piling up.

I've done general scans and specific scans of my email (Pegasus) folder and nothing gets picked up.

When I try to manually delete the two files, I get a "can't read from source file or disk"

What should I do now?

Thanks so much.

David

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello Outback

The reason why you receive that message is because BitDefender blocks access to it.

You can choose: rightclick on the red BitDefender icon near the system clock go to antivirus,press on realtime proteciton enabled. Now delete the mails. Or reboot your pc but press several times on the F8 button before the windows loadingscreen choose safe mode press enter. Log in with your account and delete these mails.

Are these mails coming from the same e-mail address? If so the chance is most likely that that person his pc is infected. Add the address or domain to the spammerlist. You must have BitDefender Antivirus Plus or Internet Security to have spam protection.

Regards

Niels

• Hi Niels,

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate that.

Even though the regular scan of Bitdefender didn't catch either, I did the deep scan in Safe Mode you recommended to someone else, and THAT caught both (including an old Anna.K virus). As FYI for future folks... the Generic.Peed one didn't allow me to disinfect it, but I could delete it.

This cleared up the problem.

RE:

Are these mails coming from the same e-mail address?

No, return address or anything was shown except a couple of characters in the subject line of the 4.

Thanks!

David

• Niels
    Options

Hello Outback

If you don't wanted that these strange mails reach your inbox. Then you can use this tool called eremover where you delete mails from the mailserver of your isp before they reach your inbox.

You can download it here: http://www.email-remover.com/contents/download.htm You have to wrote down the username and key. You have to fill in your account settings. After that you are able to delete the mails. But it's better that you contact your isp for this issue.

Glad that I could help you.

Regards

Niels