Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Ts2010

Options

I recently upgraded from TS 2009 to TS 2010 as I was advised that this newer version would be more compatible with Vista 64 that I am running.

I am reasonably happy with the performance of TS 2010 but ther are a few things that concern me:

Other programmes I have such as System Mechanic do not recognise that BD is there at all and reports constantly that there is no Firewall installed and no Antivirus installed. I have had to turn this feature off to stop the alerts.

I also recently ran an online system check and it also reported no Firewall and no Antiviris.

I am satisfied that both the Firewall and the Antivirus are running but I am curious as to why they are not evident to other programmes that should recognise them.

Anybody had similar issues?

murray_s

Comments

• Hello murray_s,

BitDefender 2010 is quite a new product on the market and my guess is that those applications don't yet have methods of detecting it.

Does BitDefender appear as installed and active in Windows Security Center? If it does, then my guess is that the detection problem lies somewhere in those applications that you use. In that case, you should contact their support team.

Cris.

• Chris

You are right BD does show in the Security Centre as both Firewall and Antivirus but it doesn't appear as the installed application in the individual tabs for Firewall and Antivirus as it used to.

As I said earlier I have no great issue with this as I am sure both AV and FW are doing their job, it is more an observation that Windows and other progs are not seeing BD as they should.

Murray