Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Live Messenger Update Is Gone From Vulnerability List

Options

After today's major BD update, the WL Messenger is gone from the Vulnerability List. Did this happen because of the BD update?

Comments

• I wish it would dissapear from my vulnerabilities list too. Although I have the latest version of MSN Live Upadate, BD finds only the old msn (I have both installed) and prompts for an update. I do want to keep both versions of msn as the old one is a "safe mode" msn.

Is there anyway to tell BD that the new MSN Live Update is already installed so it stops bothering me?

replies here and at pmexis@hotmail.com

• Well, it's a funny story for me ...

After rebooting from the BD update, I got prompted for an MSN update. I updated and, a few seconds later, I get a BD critical error message. BD restarts on its own, then MSN Update vanishes from the list. I gave a restart, just for safety, and it's still gone now. Otherwise it's working well.

• Apparently, it hasn't been a fix for WL Messenger during this update, from what I read in another topic. But I don't know what happened with the MSN Update, why did it vanish from the list.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello AndreiRC,

Please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on Vulnerability then select the Settings tab. Here, make sure that the "Application Updates" option is checked. After that, run another Vulnerability check and look if Windows Live Messenger is displayed in that list .

Thank you .

• Hello, Alex

I did all that. Application Updates is indeed checked, I have Firefox, Adobe Reader and Yahoo Messenger present, but not WL Messenger. At the end of the Vulnerability Check, WL Messenger is not displayed.

• In case you have missed it, the following happened after the major BD update from Tuesday:

1. After rebooting from the BD update, I got prompted for an WL Messenger update.

2. I updated WL and, a few seconds after the update was finished, I get a BD critical error message window.

3. I closed the error window, because I didn't know what to do with it, and I noticed that BD had restarted on its own, with WL Messenger Update gone from the Vulnerability List.

4. I gave a computer reboot and I saw that the WL Update is still gone. I thought the reboot might bring it back, but it didn't.

Otherwise, BD seems to be working fine. It's just this WL Update gone, both from the Vulnerability List and from the Vulnerability Check, as mentioned in my previous post.

• This is a known issue and it will be fixed with the next major update. We don't know yet when it will be shipped, but since it is a rather small issue it didn't get fixed with this update.

• AndreiRC
    edited September 2009
    Options

Really? Haven't seen it posted before. Hope it's fixed soon then.

• It was found by internal testing but since some other problems were found & fixed, this one wasn't fixed in time for this update.

• Ah, I see. Alright, thanks for the info.