Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Livesrv.exe Causes Longs Disk Reads/writes

Options

On a newly installed Windows Vista 32 bits, i've installed Bitdefender Internet security 2010.

After some days, i've noticed a lot of disk reads/writes, when the machine is idle and no programs are running.

Trough the Resources Monitor, livesrv.exe are causing for long periods 4MB/s of disk usage, and transfering a lot of data trough the internet. I've opened the bitdefender console, and on update tab, nothing was happening. This is happening daily, and all the time. Machine became slow. If i stop all bitdefender processes the problem stop.

Why livesrc is touching so many files? And what kind of data it is sending?

I've not bought a anti-virus/anti-spyware software to send my data for anybody!

Hope this is a bug, and not expected to be this way.

Ps: I've always used bitdefender products, and never saw so many problems.

Ps2: Cookie control is annoying, and is capable to make anyone unhappy. Does anybody ever tried to make it smarter?

Ps3: Firewall Rules is becoming a party, where everybody do what they want! After 2 weeks of usage, no software are disallowed to send my data for strange places. i've Miss you so much Bitdefender 8!!!!

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Diego De Mauro,

As you may already know, "livesrv.exe" is one of the BitDefender update processes and it's main role is to check the update server for new virus signatures, product updates and download them in the update location from your system . That is why you may feel that your computer is sending data all the time. In fact, new virus signatures or product updates are added in the update location .

In your particular case is not normal that your computer performance is slowdown by this process and that is why we have created you an email ticket and sent you some instructions that will help us trouble shoot this issue . It will help us a lot if you can send us some screen-shots with the results obtained through Resources Monitor program.

Ps2: Because the high number of cookies, the Cookie Control feature can be annoying when you start using it. After you create some rules for the websites that you access, you should not have any problems.

Ps3: The BitDefender Firewall have a whitelist of programs which are automatically allowed, if you have them installed on your system and they will try to connect to the internet. If you feel that the BitDefender firewall is not working as it should, send us more details through the email and if possible, screen-shots of the pop-up messages that are displaying you suspect connections.

Thank you .

• Hello Diego De Mauro,

As you may already know, "livesrv.exe" is one of the BitDefender update processes and it's main role is to check the update server for new virus signatures, product updates and download them in the update location from your system . That is why you may feel that your computer is sending data all the time. In fact, new virus signatures or product updates are added in the update location .

In your particular case is not normal that your computer performance is slowdown by this process and that is why we have created you an email ticket and sent you some instructions that will help us trouble shoot this issue . It will help us a lot if you can send us some screen-shots with the results obtained through Resources Monitor program.

Ps2: Because the high number of cookies, the Cookie Control feature can be annoying when you start using it. After you create some rules for the websites that you access, you should not have any problems.

Ps3: The BitDefender Firewall have a whitelist of programs which are automatically allowed, if you have them installed on your system and they will try to connect to the internet. If you feel that the BitDefender firewall is not working as it should, send us more details through the email and if possible, screen-shots of the pop-up messages that are displaying you suspect connections.

Thank you .

Was this issue resolved? I have Win 7 Ult running on an HP laptop. BD2010. livesrv often spins the disk queue up over 10 according to perfmon with no other activity on the laptop essentially bringing it to a stand still until I kill livesrv with taskmgr.

Thanks.

• Was this issue resolved? I have Win 7 Ult running on an HP laptop. BD2010. livesrv often spins the disk queue up over 10 according to perfmon with no other activity on the laptop essentially bringing it to a stand still until I kill livesrv with taskmgr.

Thanks.

No, its not solved. I've solved this by removing bitdefender and installing other one. Sad, but true.

• diegodemauro
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No, its not solved. I've solved this by removing bitdefender and installing other one. Sad, but true.

Forget to tell..

The instructions i've received form support is to disable some AV functions.

• Has anything been done to correct this????? I have BD 2010 on a Netbook with 1 GB mem. and 16 GB ssd and I don't need something running through the memory and accessing the ssd constantly. Delays exceed 1 minute loading a web page with minimal content. When I go to Task Manager, if I can get it to load, it is the files associated with BD that are stopping the machine.