Bd Internet Security Alarms Me

Hello All,

I am using BD Internet Security 2009 and the PC has no high speed internet access. Since I have to download Weekly.exe by another PC and install the file by Flash Memory. As far as I know Weekly.exe files are provided each 7 days on Saturdays. Now my BD warns me and asks me to Update it. The question is. Am I supposed to wait for a week and the next new update or there is another way I fix it?

Thanks,

Saeed

Comments

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited September 2009

Hello Saeed,

Considering that the system you're talking about has no direct Internet connection, then updating BitDefender daily is not such an important thing. You can update it weekly without any worries.

Also, if you don't want to get update warning from BitDefender, you can just disable that alert. When the alert appears, click Fix all issues and uncheck the option near Update (without clicking Fix).

Cris.

• Dear Cris,

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually as I mentioned the PC has slow Dial Up connection and it may get attacks as I am Online. That's why I am worry about that. Eventually I updated it (20MB) by Dial Up connection and it lasted over 90min!! Is there any links that makes me able to Download small Updates before Weekly files?

Thank you in advance,

Saeed

• The best alternative to get small updates is to keep Automatic updates enabled, and set to 1 hour. This way, BitDefender will download updates as soon as they are released. And, usually, hourly updates don't exceed a few hundred KB (more or less, depending on the actual update).

Only the first update after installation, or updates after a longer period of inactivity (say more than 1-2 days) could exceed 1-2MB. Also, whenever a product update is released, they might exceed 10MB, but this happens rather rarely.

Cris.

• Dear Cris,

Thanks. Just today I tried to Download new Weekly.exe but I faced to an error saying the Update is older than the Details Found in my BD database. It is odd to me that why there is no sign or date showing the Release Date of Weekly.exe Files and also it was weird because the new file was something around 400kb larger than previous Weekly Update! The Weekly.exe files are Uploaded by the Website on Saturdays, aren't they? How can I recognize the Release Time of Update? Please answer this question.

And about the thing you said I shall tell you that once I installed BD I ran Weekly.exe (55MB) and after three days I tried to Update it by Dial Up connection. The Update Size after 3 days was 20MB approximately including 6MB and 14MB! So, it does not seem Small for three days. Actually it is not possible for me to active Update hourly.

Thanks again.

Saeed