Unknown Device When Uninstalling Bitdefender

Good day,

I hope someone can help me. I removed Bitdefender from a few computers with the BitDefender Uninstall Tool. After the required reboot, ALL the PC's come up with "found new hardware", and then unknown device. Tried letting Windows XP search for drivers on the internet with no success.

Has anybody had a similar experience and know of a solution?

Thanks and regards.

bees007

Comments

• Hello bees007,

Please follow the steps bellow :

1. Click Start from Windows, choose Control Panel then select Performance and Maintenance, and then click on System.

2. Click on the Hardware tab, then click on Device Manager and look what device need's its drivers installed.

Also, you can take a screen-shot of the Device Manager window and reply with it attached.

Steps that will help you make a screen-shot:

1. When the window is on you desktop press the PrintScreen key (PrintScreen is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows' clipboard);

2. Open the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint);

3.Paste the picture (Edit -> Paste);

4.Save the file into the JPEG format into a location of your choice and reply to our email with the image attached.

Thank you .

• Good day Alex,

Thank you for the reply.

First of all - I need to state that the product was in actual fact BitDefender 2008 Internet Security.

Herewith the screenshot as requested. I had to upload to a 3rd party server, as this forum didn't want to accept the image.

Imageshack!

I have confirmed that this happened to ALL of the machines I uninstalled BitDefender 2008 Internet Security on.

Thanks for the help in this regard.

bees007

• Sorry, here's the correct link:

Imageshack

Having trouble staying logged in on this website - tried on 3 different computers on 3 different networks, I need to log in at least 4 or 5 times before I can post something...