Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Active Virus Control Rules Issue

Options

looks like i eventually found an issue in BDIS 2010 on my XP Pro SP2.

Active Virus Control enabled - medium, aggresive or critical level (doesn't matter)

now i made a test and added few applications to the Exclusions list, and set the rules for them to Blocked.

guess what - i could still execute those applications with no response from BDIS.

now what is this option for while it doesn't work?

or maybe i'm missing something?

:blink:

and here's what the manual says:

Managing the List of Trusted / Untrusted Applications

You can add applications you know and trust to the list of trusted applications. These

applications will no longer be checked by the BitDefender Active Virus Control and

will automatically be allowed access. Similarly, applications you wish to always deny

access to can be added to the list of untrusted applications and BitDefender Active

Virus Control will automatically block them.

no, it won't!

my version of BDIS 2010 - 13.0.16.313

Comments

• any feedback, please...?

:mellow:

• dhl
    dhl
    edited September 2009
    Options

Hi Viscon,

Active Virus Control does not prevent any program from staring. It works like this : you first run a program and, based on its behaviour, AVC informs you that the program may be mallicious and asks you if you want to block it or allow it to further execute. If you add an application to the untrusted list, it can still run, but if it tries to do anything suspicious from the point of view of AVC, it will automatically be terminated (blocked) by AVC - so your sistem remains unaltered.

Hope it clarifies things,

DHL

• Thanks, dhl.

Now I see. That's actually great feature.

B)