Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Restore Infected File

Options

hi

i use BD total security 2009. i'm a wireless network technician and use some network planning and sniffing applications like airmagnet, ekahua heat mapper,wireshark and etc.

the first time i ran full system scan , BD has removed some of my application EXE files and detected them as Trojan :(

it also deleted a DAT file of Airmagnet Site Survey(a 3000$ software) and made it unusable. how can i restore that files ?

there's nothing in quarantine table. i remember that there was some options in Nod32 and Kaspersky for restoring these files.

How Can i restore that files ?

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Changeez,

First, please go to the next location :C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs . Here are stored the BitDefender scan logs . If, for example, you have run a Deep System Scan please archive the "deep_scan" folder, upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a private message with the download link .

If the files that were detected as infected were not moved to the BitDefender quarantine, you can only restore them using the Restore option from Windows . In order to do this click on Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools and select System Restore. Select the option "Restore my computer to an earlier time" and choose Next. Select a date previous then the one when you run the scan and proceed with the Restore.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else .

Thank you .

• Hello Changeez,

First, please go to the next location :C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs . Here are stored the BitDefender scan logs . If, for example, you have run a Deep System Scan please archive the "deep_scan" folder, upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a private message with the download link .

If the files that were detected as infected were not moved to the BitDefender quarantine, you can only restore them using the Restore option from Windows . In order to do this click on Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools and select System Restore. Select the option "Restore my computer to an earlier time" and choose Next. Select a date previous then the one when you run the scan and proceed with the Restore.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else .

Thank you .

So what, if i have it off (System Restore) ?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Changeez,

Unfortuantely, BitDefender does not have an option to restore any infected files that were not moved to quarantine or they were deleted. We have asked you for the scan reports so that we can remove the detection for those files .

If possible please provide us the these reports as described in my last post .

Thank you .