Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Home Network Not Enabled?

Options

Is the Home network function not available in evaluation mode? It just keeps asking for a password. (The double box) And doesn't add the computer.

Comments

• Is the Home network function not available in evaluation mode? It just keeps asking for a password. (The double box) And doesn't add the computer.

Now it let me add this computer but it shows the other as offline.

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited September 2009
    Options

Hello Davec,

Please disable the BitDefender firewall on both computers, then look if the other computer still shows up as offline.

Also please let us know the following information's:

- What BitDefender are you using on both computers;

- What operating systems do you use on both machines ;

- How are the computers interconnected (direct cabled connection/router/switch/AP etc.)?;

- What type of network adapters do you use on each machine to access the LAN (wireless/cabled )?;

Thank you .

• Hello Davec,

Please disable the BitDefender firewall on both computers, then look if the other computer still shows up as offline.

Also please let us know the following information's:

- What BitDefender are you using on both computers;

- What operating systems do you use on both machines ;

- How are the computers interconnected (direct cabled connection/router/switch/AP etc.)?;

- What type of network adapters do you use on each machine to access the LAN (wireless/cabled )?;

Thank you .

Exiting the interface on both machines seems to have made it start functioning correctly.

• L.o.D.
    Options

Main PC is using Windows 7 RTM x64.

Second is using Vista Ultimate x64.

Main is wired to router whereas second is wireless using a wireless adapter.

Main is using onboard LAN on motherboard.

I have noticed that sometimes it works & sometimes not.

Both machines are using 2010 & registered.

I have also noticed that even though I click enable and enter my password, it doesn't enable. BUT if I go to the dashboard, it says it is.

Also I have noticed that the dash will say there's critical issues with the network but the network tab shows nothing.

• L.o.D.
    Options

Davec, how did you exit the interface? Did you kill the process through task manager since you can't right click it's icon & click exit?

• Davec, how did you exit the interface? Did you kill the process through task manager since you can't right click it's icon & click exit?

Not the main interface, just the home network interface.

• L.o.D.
    Options
    Not the main interface, just the home network interface.

That part is too buggy on my machine.

When I click enable network, the password prompt opens, enter my pass, click ok & nothing happens. But the dashboard will say it's secured.

Sometimes, when it shows as enable, the dashboard says there's a critical issue but the network tab shows nothing.