Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd 2010 Antivirus...malware Protection Turns Off, Why?

Options

I've noticed a few times now that the red shield is crossed indicating that my malware protection is turned off. The good news is that clicking the "turn on" feature will do just that after about 30 seconds. My question is, why? Thanks, Abe

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hello ARJR,

In order to be able to assist you further, please let us know:

- what BitDefender product/version you are using;

- what is your operating system;

- are there any other security solutions on the same PC, besides BitDefender?

- what type of Internet connection are you using ;

Also, we would like you to reply to our email with the reports generated after you perform the steps described in the next article:http://www.bitdefender.com/KB389 .

Thank you .

• kae
    Options

I have a similar problem. Everytime I turn my laptop on, SECURITY CENTRE pops up and says 'Malware Protection' (Antivirus & Spyware and Other Malware protection) is switched off. I manually turn it on but the next time the laptop is started, it is off again..

Im using BitDefender Antivirus 2010

with Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2

There are no other security solutions on the same pc (BitDefender uninstalled Norton during Installation)

Im using a wirless Internet connection with a Netgear router

Thanks in advance..

• Hello ARJR,

Also, we would like you to reply to our email with the reports generated after you perform the steps described in the next article:http://www.bitdefender.com/KB389 .

Thank you .

I have just upgraded to AV 2010 and have the same problem, Windows randomly tells me that i have no malware protection switched on

I have AV 2010 version 7.28983

Windows Vista Ultimate (upto date with microsoft)

I only use Bitdefender AV

mixed between LAN and Wireless

• Hello ARJR,

Thank you .

I have exactly the same issue. Also, it keeps saying that it needs to fix some issues, and when I click fix, it starts downloading what looks like windows updates, but doesn't actually download anything.

I'm using BitDefender 2010

Windows Vista

No other security

Wireless internet, virgin broadband

• Unknown
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have exactly the same issue. Also, it keeps saying that it needs to fix some issues, and when I click fix, it starts downloading what looks like windows updates, but doesn't actually download anything.

Windows Vista

No other security

In order to solve the Windows Security Center issue, please follow the

steps below:

1. Go to control panel and open Administrative tools.

2. Click on services.

3. Stop these services:

Security Center

Windows Management Instrumentation

4. Let them Automatically start.

5. Remove the directory C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository

6. Reboot and check if the issue still occurs.

• Lionet
    Options

Windows Vista

No other security

No proxy?

I have Windows XP Home, ethernet link - I don't know Vista - but if you use a proxy to go surfing, you could check whether both your settings in Bitdefender and your box are activated or deactivated, they should be together either activated or not.

I was unable to connect BD to internet some time ago because I forgot to adapt settings this way.

just an idea...

:huh:

have a nice day...

L.