Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Delete Generic.malware.

Options

Hi,

Bitdefender says it found generic.malware.k!pv.a7292111 but was unable to resolve it. I checked out the folder (which happened to be a bitdefender folder) and scanned the contents with bitdefender. The scan came up clear. I feel uncomfortable deleting something out of an antivirus program's file when I don't know what it is! Especially since bitdefender doesn't find a problem with it when I scan it by itself.

So my question is should I really delete it?

Here is a link to a screen shot of the folder and some bitdefender dialogue boxes.

Screen Shot

I hope someone can tell me what to do, pretty please!

Thanks,

Jasmin

Comments

• My computer is having the same problem. The daily scan found:

Generic.malware.K!PV.E1B8133C

In the following location:

[system]=]C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\BitDefender InnerFire\midas64-v1_17\plugin_extra.m64 [788] (full dump)

• My computer is having the same problem. The daily scan found:

Generic.malware.K!PV.E1B8133C

In the following location:

[system]=]C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\BitDefender InnerFire\midas64-v1_17\plugin_extra.m64 [788] (full dump)

me too. i am also having the same problem!

• I'm also having the same problem:

Object Name Threat Name Final Status

[system]=]C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\BitDefender InnerFire\midas64-v1_17\plugin_extra.m64 [3128] (full dump) Generic.Malware.K!PV.66EBCB8A No action was possible

I think this is the same issue they are talking about (with no resolution) at this thread:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...lugin_extra.m64

• My husband updated to 2010, and this file is no longer coming up.

Instead I'm having other annoying problems. <_< Off to search the 2010 forum for an answer.

• Same problem here.

• I'm also having the same problem:

Object Name Threat Name Final Status

[system]=]C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\BitDefender InnerFire\midas64-v1_17\plugin_extra.m64 [3128] (full dump) Generic.Malware.K!PV.66EBCB8A No action was possible

I think this is the same issue they are talking about (with no resolution) at this thread:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...lugin_extra.m64

Yes, this must have happened after the update...which makes me wonder if BD is even testing there updates before they send it out. Which also makes me wonder how's the integrity of this anti-virus/firewall. I had to register and post a reply on the same link you provided because i couldn't find a way to contact support.

• Still having same error, and no reply to the other thread, this is really aggravating me that nobody is responding to this issue.

[system]=]C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\BitDefender InnerFire\midas64-v1_17\plugin_extra.m64 [3232] (full dump) Generic.Malware.K!PV.9BB410F3 Disinfect Failed

In the other thread linked in post #4 nobody has replied.....

Hello, hello, hello....is there anybody out there????

• csalgau
    Options

Dear users,

While product updates undergo extensive testing, we only became aware of the problem after user reports.

We are currently working on this issue but have no clear ETA.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

off-topic:

I had to register and post a reply on the same link you provided because i couldn't find a way to contact support.

I find it awkward that you found the forums but did not find the big Support button on bitdefender.com

• Dear users,

While product updates undergo extensive testing, we only became aware of the problem after user reports.

We are currently working on this issue but have no clear ETA.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

off-topic:

I find it awkward that you found the forums but did not find the big Support button on bitdefender.com

I don't mind waiting, as long as someone acknowledges the problem, but I posted about this in the other thread 3 days ago and nobody had responded. If someone would just take a few seconds to say "Thanks, we are working on this issue" then it might ease some frustration.

• csalgau
    Options

An update has been pushed yesterday that should deal with the problem.

Please post a reply if problems persist or further problems pop up.

Thank you for your patience and support.