Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Uninstall Bitdefender V10

I have Bitdefender Antivirus Virus V10 on Win2000. I need to uninstall it. I tried both add/remove programs and Bitdefender's uninstall tool which I downloaded from the bitdefender web site and the remove option on the BitDefender CD. I got the error message: 'The procedure entry point GetModuleHandleExW could not be located in the dynamic link library Kernel32.dll'. I have done a lot of searching on the internet and it seems that win2000 does not have this module. How do I uninstall BitDefender?

I tried to send this message to BitDefender support but you have to enter a security code. I tried 10 times to read the security code but each time got an error that it was wrong!!

Comments

• Try this. Make sure that you have the option: Show all files and folders even the ones that are critical to the Win 2000 OS. Delete the Softwin and BD folders in Program Files, and Program Files\Common Files. Ditto for those in Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAMES (PLURAL) HERE\Application Data...\Bitdefender or Softwin. Delete the spysock.dll file in WINNT\SYSTEM32. Search for " *. msi " without quotes. One or more will have the BD digital signature. Delete that.

Win 2000 should allow you to remove the remaining traces of BD 10.

Hope this helps. BD 10 does get attached to its owner!

Dave