Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help Removing Spyshredder Virus

Options

I have this virus in my program "spySchredder" and I never even downloaded SpySchredder!! The details showing in my BitDefender log is "File c:\program files\spyshredder\spyshredder0.dll

infected with Adware.SpySheriff.BS"

It won't seem to go away with scans and I don't know where it came from.

Furthermore, I have not been able to update BitDefender since 8/16/07

Another note, this "...Privacy Protection software" loo has taken over my desktop. every time I get rid of it and delete the file folder, it come back with the pop-up widows to purchase some spyware protection, every 10 minutes!!

Please Help

Jeff

Comments

• Hi, Jeff!

You could first try a safe mode scann with BitDefender. Follow this topic on how to scan with BD in safe mode. You may also download SuperAntiSpyware, which is free, from here and also make a safe mode scann, after updating it. Please come back after trying these, if you won't succeed, we'll find another solution. ;)

Andrei

• Niels
    Options

Hello jeffc

You can download also Rogueremover this tool is developed to remove rogue (security) software. Don't forget to update it and let it scan afterwards.

This just to be sure that everything is deleted. But normally after you done what Andrei said spyshredder will be deleted.

Regards

Niels