Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Red Warning Triangle

Options

I installed BDIS 2010 tonight. I disabled the antispam feature, but how do I get rid of that red warning triangle that sits on top of the icon in my task bar? I had it disabled on BDIS 2009 too and I didn't get the triangle there.

Comments

• I installed BDIS 2010 tonight. I disabled the antispam feature, but how do I get rid of that red warning triangle that sits on top of the icon in my task bar? I had it disabled on BDIS 2009 too and I didn't get the triangle there.

I'm burning up the lines tonight but finding one thing after another. I have antispam disabled, but a box still pops up telling me it's checking messages. There's no tool bar in my Windows Mail, but this box pops up when I receive an email. Maybe when I send one too, I don't know because I haven't sent one.

• got to Expert Mode -> General Section

under Security status on main window click configure Status Tracking

there you may enable or disable alerts

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Nikilet,

If you want to disable the alerts for any BitDefender module, please open your BitDefender, click on the Settings button then choose the Expert Mode. Click on the General module and under the Dashboard select the Configure Status Tracking button. Here, uncheck the "Enable alerts" option for the Antispam status then click on Close.

The email traffic is scanned through the Antivirus module and that is why you still receive pop-ups from BitDefender whenever you receive an email. In order to disable this option, open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab click on the Custom Level button. Here, uncehck Scan incoming/outgoing emails options then click on Ok.

Thank you .

• Hello Nikilet,

If you want to disable the alerts for any BitDefender module, please open your BitDefender, click on the Settings button then choose the Expert Mode. Click on the General module and under the Dashboard select the Configure Status Tracking button. Here, uncheck the "Enable alerts" option for the Antispam status then click on Close.

The email traffic is scanned through the Antivirus module and that is why you still receive pop-ups from BitDefender whenever you receive an email. In order to disable this option, open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab click on the Custom Level button. Here, uncehck Scan incoming/outgoing emails options then click on Ok.

Thank you .

Thank you so much for this answer. I think I posted another item regarding Malwarebytes finding 11 infected registry keys after installing BDIS 2010. I listed the items found. I am very concerned about this. All items seem to be related to BitDefender and all items are labeled Security.HiJack. I haven't removed them as I don't want to mess up my BDIS 2010 installation, but I am concerned and would appreciate it so much if you would address this.