Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Computer Problem.. Need Help Asap. Thanks!

Options

I need your help people.

My friend's computer automatically shuts itself down whenever it is opened.

It continues to load up to the desktop but then it shuts down quickly and displays the shut down message "saving your settings..." then it turns off..

it is running on a Windows XP professional..

and has about 300 MB of RAM

it also has two hard drives with 20 Gigabytes each...

Here's what happened before this..

-The last time it ran I had a problem running BitDefender and any other antivirus / anti spy softwares because the system shuts the program down. I installed Trojan Remover and scanned for malicious files but then in the middle of scanning, the computer freezes and I restart it pressing the reset button on the CPU.

-I tried restarting in safe mode but it just freezes so I repeated restarting the computer in normal mode for about five times then finally i was able to run Bitdefender, Trojan Remover, and Ad-aware.. but there came an error message saying that "RegEdit cannot be accessed" or something like that..

-When I ran Trojan Remover there were about more or less 5 files that were detected as "internet worm" I tried choosing "disable from running by changing its reference" and it says "the policy on registry editing was reset" but then whenever i run Trojan Remover again these files are still detected.. i didn't know what to do so i left that matter

-I ran Bitdefender and almost all files that are detected to be infected by virus/spyware were marked as "disinfection failed" and "moved failed"

(i attached screenshots of those that are moved to quarantine..)

-After that I downloaded the removal tool for worm Brontok here

http://www.bitdefender.com/VIRUS-157247-en--Win32.Brontok.A@mm.html

-I ran it and unfortunately I was not able to read the results because I left my friend's house and told her to call me up when the scanning was done. She told me that all she could remember was that it displayed a message that it found a worm and the option was only the "ok" button. she clicked the ok button and turned the computer off. After 3 days she opened the computer and it would automatically shut down after loading up to the desktop.. it displays the shutdown message "saving your settings..." then it turns off..

Please help me.. what have I done to the computer???? T_T

Need help badly.. As soon and as fast as possible.. Thank you!!!!

post-3686-1187523082_thumb.jpg

post-3686-1187523096_thumb.jpg

post-3686-1187523122_thumb.jpg

post-3686-1187523135_thumb.jpg

post-3686-1187523151_thumb.jpg

post-3686-1187523165_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Cd-MaN
    edited August 2007
    Options

As a first step you should try booting in safe mode and running a BD scan from there. The detailed steps are available in this topic.

Best regards.