Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is Bit Defender Ever Going To Work Properly?

Options

Bd Is 2010 hangs during update process here is a screenshot,this was taken some minutes following the hourly update, and is still hanging as i type this post,it probably will not go until i re-boot which in this case i wont/refuse to do, the other screen is what it get if it completes an update, this should not be happening,now as the prog was released over 1 month ago im gonna try some other security apps if this aint fixed a.s.a.p. as it clearly ain't fit for purpose is it? oh and should find one that works fully and offers a reasonable amount of protection(without the bloatware gimicks) i shall be demanding a refund bit defender(if you read these posts)post-14196-1255291503_thumb.jpgpost-14196-1255291534_thumb.jpg you have upto 1 week to fix this

Comments

• L.o.D.
    Options

Unless I read that wrong, you stated the second screen should NOT happen?

It turns the services off to be able to update the modules.

Think of when Windows updates & needs a restart. Same idea there.

But have you tried a repair install as in just run the installer?

I have autoupdate enabled again after I did that.

Also right clicking & click update now actually works for me.

Try it?

• Unless I read that wrong, you stated the second screen should NOT happen?

It turns the services off to be able to update the modules.

Think of when Windows updates & needs a restart. Same idea there.

But have you tried a repair install as in just run the installer?

I have autoupdate enabled again after I did that.

Also right clicking & click update now actually works for me.

Try it?

i have re-installed it! still does the same, it never used to hang freeze,display vvserv.exe screen that is a bug that has re occurred after a bit defender update, the only thing fixed in the new version is the network bug,as far as i can see, also further to this update problem, if i try to change the time from the default 1 hr to any other time, it will not change it still checks for updates each hour, also after it cannot update for 2hrs it goes on one, the triangle in the red ball icon (sys tray) appears select fix all, it thinks it has never been updated??? this just keeps getting worse, i noticed another thing the bitdefender.com user account, windows sees it as unknown account??????

• L.o.D.
    L.o.D. ✭✭
    edited October 2009
    Options

The only issue I have now since the reinstall is the network module. I sent in a ticket for that one though.

Where do you see windows saying that?

Also, have you tried using their uninstall tool to completely wipe BD from the system & start fresh?

• dave r
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The only issue I have now since the reinstall is the network module. I sent in a ticket for that one though.

Where do you see windows saying that?

Also, have you tried using their uninstall tool to completely wipe BD from the system & start fresh?

Yes uninstalled ,used the uninstall tool twice for good measure the unknown user account is shown when i select a folder or file select properties the security and it is there in the list of user accounts, it used to say bitdefender.com,it maybe that the uninstall tool don't work properly either,as it probably has left several references in the windows registry,earlier versions did too, also, bitdefender will keep the windows update process running for hours sometimes continuously, which ends up using lots of memory, no wonder it slows everything down it's a resource hog, like the old Norton antivirus

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Davey,

We have created you a support ticket in regards to this issue. Please reply back with the files that we have asked you .

Thank you .

• Hello Davey,

We have created you a support ticket in regards to this issue. Please reply back with the files that we have asked you .

Thank you .

files sent in reply to e-mail, btw i have also had to run a repair due to bd becoming corrupt because i changed the update interval from 1hr to 23, as it was causing probs with u-torrent,even after a re start bd would not work properly,it also zapped(deleated) Google searchbox installer,reporting it to be a trojan gen which was bs, and more importantly it is set NOT to delete ANY FILES But as you can see just another example of the incompetence on the people who create the update files, and the app it's self

• L.o.D.
    Options

Davey, I looked under my security tab but don't have bitdefender.com listed either.

I DO however have a CREATOR OWNER listed.

• post-14196-1255462882_thumb.jpgpost-14196-1255462929_thumb.jpg

Davey, I looked under my security tab but don't have bitdefender.com listed either.

I DO however have a CREATOR OWNER listed.

when i installed this app the first time, it was showing as bitdefender.com, now it does not,it shows as

an unknown account,(using windows) if i use a prog called everest ultimate it shows as bit defender.com,so i would appear there is an issue with windows displaying it properly?,

I have included a couple of screens of the update history, so you can see that it is checking for updates more than on the hourly schedule it it set to (default value)it would seem out of control

I see that others are getting the problem of Internet activity being suspended, I.E when using apps such as RSM (rapidshare manager) as i do not upload much to rs, i cannot tell if i get the same prob's during uploading, but i can confirm that i get a similar one, when i download files from rs with it,

Further more, when using U- torrent uploading(seeding) after around 6hrs it will stop briefly, all connected leachers and trackers stay connected just ceases to upload,for a short time,then starts again,??? this has only happened since bd is 2010 installed,

i think that it is caused by the vulnerability module, why i think this is due to the fact that when i upload or download the windows update process(wuauclt.exe) will enter the running state,then peer guardian 2 will blink and alert me to several repeated attempts of something connecting to LIMELIGHT NETWORKS LLC,a content delivery service has been used by Microsoft,but even after i kill the w/update process i still get bombarded by the bots at limelight llc, interestingly, if i run without bd, no bot attacks, also when i d/loaded bdis,limelight was connected ,so bd is using their services for something and are not telling us what that something is