Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Deep Scan Logs Missing

Options

After an uninstall and reinstall of BDIS 2010 with Vista UAC turned off, the program is working very well.

A problem I have had with BDIS since the 2008 version is the logs. With 2008 and 2009 I have never been able to view a log within the program by clicking on "View Logs." The logs were finally located within Vista's Virtual Store.

With 2010, on my initial install I could not even find the logs in my C drive at all and there was no listing of scans performed within the program. After the reinstall a Quick Scan was performed, and then I later did a System Scan. In both cases the scans are listed within the program and I can click on them there and view them. Today I performed a Deep Scan. It stated 11 items that weren't scanned because they were password protected and I would like to see what these items are. Normally they are quarantine items within SUPERAntispyware, but I have deleted all those items and that file is empty.

The real concern here is when I clicked to View Details on the scan screen after it was finished nothing happened. When I go into the program to Antivirus/Virus Scans, right click on Deep Scan and View Logs the window opens but there is nothing there. When I go to the path where the scan logs are: C/Program Data/BitDefender/Desktop/Profiles/Logs and click on the Deep Scan there is nothing there. Why is the program leaving a record of the Quick and System Scans, but not the Deep Scan?

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hello Nikilet,

If possible, please run one more time the next tool provided by Cris, upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link . Also, please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on Antivirus, select the Virus Scan tab, right click on Deep System Scan, choose View Logs and take a screen-shot of this window. Upload it on the same website and send me the download link as well.

Thank you .

• I did some playing around and I've found the problem. BitDefender is not going to keep a record of logs as long as I have my UAC turned on. I thought this was supposed to be compatible with Vista??? I know many consider the UAC a nuisance, but I don't and I would like to have it turned on. I hope this is something BD is going to fix ... or if it's just on my system (no one else seems to be complaining about this problem) then why? What can we do to fix it?

I hope I am going to hear back on this.

• P.S. Whatever was changed between 2009 and 2010, it didn't do this in 2009. I couldn't view logs within the program but they were listed and I could go to Virtual Store and view them.